advertisement

Who is brave enough to post a selfie?

I was inspired by this to try and add to the selfie-with-farm-animals sub-genre. Sadly the local sheep wouldn’t play ball...
Never one to shirk a challenge, I decided today was the day for selfie-with-sheep. After a number of false starts, one brave soul decided to investigate the strange creature standing in her field. I turned my back as she came closer...

51167565602_72a6989966.jpg

...and closer...

51169034899_7ee8a6dc82.jpg

...then definitely smelled something interesting...

51168256671_92ef626193.jpg

...then I could hear her nuzzling the back of my mac...

51169034994_837282cb99.jpg

...I moved my arm to try to get a better framing. She decided that was enough adventure for today and briskly strolled off.

Edit: It has belatedly occurred to me that the sheep has probably been trained by the farmer to pick the pockets of unwary walkers using the public footpath across the field.

Last edited:
I can never understand why I look so bloody old in the mirror!

Quite.
I'm 50 today; I still feel like this - when does the 'how-to-be-a Grown-Up' manual arrive, please?
Actually -forget it, I'm not interested. Ptooi. Off to play calvinball.

MC%20aged%207_600px%20crop%20.jpg

(yeah yeah, now you see how closely the avatar fits...in several ways... noted by others over many, many years... )

I had intended the final part of the Three Colours Black And White animal trilogy to involve chickens. However on my walk this afternoon I met a friendly horse, so it may have to become a four-parter.

51172938193_265b2c5f44_c.jpg

Is that a hint of a smile (on you, not the horse), or just a trick of the light?

You should take care around animals if they have that effect on you.

Quite.
I'm 50 today; I still feel like this - when does the 'how-to-be-a Grown-Up' manual arrive, please?

(yeah yeah, now you see how closely the avatar fits...in several ways... noted by others over many, many years... )

Men are just little boys, who never grow up..It's great innit...hahahahahahahahaha

Is that a hint of a smile (on you, not the horse), or just a trick of the light?

You should take care around animals if they have that effect on you.
I think I might have been imagining the joy my picture would bring to the grizzled faces of the pfm massive. Or it could have been flatulence.

Quite.

Happy half-century Martin. Growing old is unavoidable, but growing up is optional. May you be forever juvenile.

advertisement

Back