advertisement

Vaccine recipients....

I worked the same day as my first AZ, no issues. It was 12 hours after the jab that it hit me.

But it seems the 2nd AZ is easier?

I started having sinus headaches three or four days after my first shot. I had them for quite a while and I have no idea if they were anything to do with the vaccine but I nodded off in the armchair this evening and woke up with a real blinder.

My wife had her second Moderna on Sunday. A sore arm for a couple of days, some chills during the first night, and then nothing more. I, on the other hand have been thoroughly run down, sniffly, with headaches and extreme tiredness since driving her to and from her appointment (no I didn't get the shot - my second is in two weeks). How unfair is it that I get sick and I didn't even get the shot.

I know this will not go down well here....but are you not even questioning the need for a booster just a few months after the first two doses?

AIUI it will be to improve resistance to the newer strains, count me in on that one.

AIUI it will be to improve resistance to the newer strains, count me in on that one.
Also, as the period of protection of the vaccine is not yet established, and cautiously put at 6-12 months, it makes sense to gear up for regular, annual boosters and to get the vulnerable peeps done before the season kicks in, in autumn/winter.

My wife & I have just come back from our second Pfizer jabs. It'll be interesting to see if there are more side effects this time round. First one just produced a bit of soreness at the injection site for a day or so.

My arm is a touch sore today. It was fine yesterday after my final shot. I’m sweating like a stuck pig atm but ok otherwise. I’ve managed to get eight light fittings up this morning which is par for the course :)

Had my first Pfizer jab this morning, nothing so far just came back from the gym, took it a bit easier than usual just in case.

My wife had her second Moderna on Sunday. A sore arm for a couple of days, some chills during the first night, and then nothing more. I, on the other hand have been thoroughly run down, sniffly, with headaches and extreme tiredness since driving her to and from her appointment (no I didn't get the shot - my second is in two weeks). How unfair is it that I get sick and I didn't even get the shot.
My first Moderna was problem-free, apart from some tenderness at the injection site that lasted a couple of days. On the night after the second one, I felt very cold, and had that skin-sensitive feeling, when you can feel all your clothes moving on you, the way you feel when you have the 'flu. However, it was gone the next day and all has been well since then (a week ago as I write).

Well it's now about 34 hours since my 2nd jab and there has been no effects other than a bit of a tender spot where the jab went in, so the same as the first one. As it appears that flu-like symptoms/feeling awful is due to a strong immune response, I'm not sure whether this is a good thing or not. It's almost as if my immune system couldn't be bothered to respond much.

My appointment for a second AZ vaccination on 29th May got cancelled yesterday late afternoon and I was invited by text message to come to a 'walk-in' appointment over the next five days from today (or re-book via 119 or the web site). That's as per yesterday's announcement I suppose. That will actually be a little under 10 weeks after the first.

The "Further to the cancellation message ..." text arrived a little under 2 hours before e-mail and text message actually announced the cancellation. "What cancellation message?" was my initial reaction. However, providing the solution before announcing the problem is probably better than the other way round if you can't always control the timing of communications.

Anyway, I will go this morning when they open and see if there are any queues.

I phoned (119) earlier to try and bring forward my 2nd jab (it’s booked for 1 day inside the 12 week period), was told to hold off from attempting to do this until the system gets sorted.

Had the second AZ yesterday with no ill effects except a sore arm. After the first one I was really ill the same night. Weird.

Had the second AZ yesterday with no ill effects except a sore arm. After the first one I was really ill the same night. Weird.
My theory is that, if you have a reaction after the first jab, then at the second jab, your immune system basically says ‘oh that old thing. Yeah, whatever’.

Reactions: Cav
Just had a phone call asking me if I can come in next week for 2nd jab 2 weeks ahead of what was scheduled, Tuesday for me, wonder if I'll get AZ like first or they'll give me something else...

Just had a phone call asking me if I can come in next week for 2nd jab 2 weeks ahead of what was scheduled, Tuesday for me, wonder if I'll get AZ like first or they'll give me something else...

When I booked my second last month the GP told me they were keeping Pfizer stocks back to give to people who have Pfizer first time around. So my guess would be you'll get AZ again.

advertisement

Back