advertisement

Recommended movies etc on Netflix/Amazon Prime II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently enjoying a movie "The Scapegoat" on Prime - I'd never heard of it, but we're about 1/2 way though and it's a really interesting premise and very well done.

‘Nomadland’ is on Disney +, stunning film stuffed with brilliant performances from the entire cast. Highly recommended.
Agree wholeheartedly. Frances McDormand is excellent, as she was in the other Oscar-winning film ‘Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri’.

I saw Nomadland as more of a documentary than a Movie, maybe that’s testament to its success?

Frances ability to interact with non actors shared a kindness that seemed fundamental to the message of the film.

Loved Nomadland. She is truly a wonderful actor. We watched that and then watched Some kind of Heaven which is a documentary about the Florida Villages retirement community. Also well worth a watch.

Neither Netflix/AP, but I'm half way through season 4 of Snowfall (BBC iPlayer). Still compulsive viewing.

Fargo 4 on Ch4, not quite up there with the others but enjoyably nuts/quirky none the less.

Having been interested in the Nomad movement in the states and watched quite a few YouTube docs I fail to fathom how Nomadland copped a few Baftas-ok maybe deserved something for the clever editing but it left me with a big 'what was the point?' Given there are real people with real stories far more resonant than the fictionalised one they prop up.

Last edited:
Watched Nomadland for the second time last night and enjoyed it as much if not more. For me it’s a sign of the times and times to come, for better and for worse.
Highly recommended.

"So have you watched Fargo 4, you'll love him in that"
Yeah, all of it. As a gangster Chris Rock had the presence and cred of a primary school bully. But apart from him, F4 is still watchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back