advertisement

Labour Leader: Keir Starmer IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the Blair years working tax credits made quite a big difference to lowly paid people like myself. Even in the coalition period it was only stopped for those earning above 40 grand ( I think ). Good point woody.
Minimum wage also made a big difference to large numbers of people we are supposed to care about.

Sir Keir will be spelling out his vision for the country... over the coming months. :rolleyes:

We can only assume he's still writing it.

A shame he didn't finish his vision before the elections.

Would be a good idea to have one ready for the voters of Batley and Spen. I suspect the only vision they will get is one of a pudgy-eyed dullard with his hands in his pockets.

Faction A: 'We must avoid indulging in factionalism at all costs'. Faction B: 'Factionalism will only play into the hands of our real opponents'.

Factions A and B continue to kick the shit out of each other.

Reactions: PsB
Faction A: 'We must avoid indulging in factionalism at all costs'. Faction B: 'Factionalism will only play into the hands of our real opponents'.

Factions A and B continue to kick the shit out of each other.
Which faction is saying this though? I mean they routinely do, but it seems pretty much out in the open at the moment.

I think people just need to accept the fact that there are factions in the Labour Party, and start from there. It’s a historical constant, as you’ve said Joe, and for fundamental, structural reasons: it’s not just that Labour people happen to be especially irascible or childish, but that tends to be the implication.

I think people just need to accept the fact that there are factions in the Labour Party, and start from there. It’s a historical constant, as you’ve said Joe, and for fundamental, structural reasons: it’s not just that Labour people happen to be especially irascible or childish, but that tends to be the implication.

The problem is they just neutralise the party to the point they have nothing to say of value on any subject. The equivalent of shorting a battery; nothing positive, nothing negative, just a useless dead-weight occupying space.

why?

My parents - used to be Labour party members, voted labour all their life - turned tory in 2019. When asked why - we like Boris, he is dynamic, gets things done....not a single mention of party policies.......

Because I presume your parents aren’t collecting food from a food bank whilst you drive a Porsche! It’s like comparing apples and oranges. The vulnerable people using food banks seem completely unaware that it is Tory austerity that led them to this point.

Because I presume your parents aren’t collecting food from a food bank whilst you drive a Porsche! It’s like comparing apples and oranges. The vulnerable people using food banks seem completely unaware that it is Tory austerity that led them to this point.

of course you know everything about me and my family, our finances, our motives etc....some massively off track assumptions.

why?

My parents - used to be Labour party members, voted labour all their life - turned tory in 2019. When asked why - we like Boris, he is dynamic, gets things done....not a single mention of party policies.......

Christ, it seems like to have any chance of winning the Labour Party needs to be fronted by Del Boy.

of course you know everything about me and my family, our finances, our motives etc....some massively off track assumptions.

No I just assume as you’re wealthy enough to drive a Porsche and you seem to be a decent enough guy, that you wouldn’t make your parents queue up at the food bank.

Every month or so I take a meagre offering down to our local one. It is genuinely heartbreaking watching the people queuing up. The thought that some of them vote for a government happy to perpetuate this system fills me with horror.

Their voting for Boris and the food bank recipients voting seem to be two different things.

No need to be so prickly...

It’s rather hard to stay engaged with politics when the options are BJ or Labour bouncing around different calamities.

No I just assume as you’re wealthy enough to drive a Porsche and you seem to be a decent enough guy, that you wouldn’t make your parents queue up at the food bank.

Every month or so I take a meagre offering down to our local one. It is genuinely heartbreaking watching the people queuing up. The thought that some of them vote for a government happy to perpetuate this system fills me with horror.

Their voting for Boris and the food bank recipients voting seem to be two different things.

No need to be so prickly...

Apparently in Hartlepool some people interviewed assumed it was a good thing they now had several food banks under the Tories when they previously had none under Labour, IE "The Tories are looking after us with free food" (!!)

A lot of people just do not seem to realise what a bunch of untruthful crooks the government are !
They just think Boris got Brexit Done (bad deal) and seem happy to go along supporting them

A lot of people just do not seem to realise what a bunch of untruthful crooks the government are !
They just think Boris got Brexit Done (bad deal) and seem happy to go along supporting them

Not only bad, but very far from 'done' with everything pretty much kicked into the long grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back