advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
lovely pic, but couldn't help remembering Uncle Bryn from Gavin and Stacey...' this one says Sepia, but I think it must be broken, because all it does is turn everything brown'. :)

Haha :D

This was processed with an Aerochrome preset on RNI films (hence the colours). I just liked the way it looked looked it suited how I felt at the time.

Lefty

3-BB03152-715-C-4-BFF-98-A2-D4-E1-CE8928-C7.jpg

This evenings MTB ride, old opencast mine at Allerton Bywater: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Aidan's

Excellent photos. I especially like the bird ones. May I ask what gear you used to take these? I have a heavy DSLR and lenses and am looking for alternatives. Thanks
Aah sorry just spotted this - thank you, much appreciated.

My regular kit for this type of shot is Nikon - D7200 (crop sensor DSLR), 300mm f/4 PF AF VR lens and 1.4 Tele Converter. This gives an equivalent of 630mm f/5.6 and I can carry it and hand hold easily (just weighed it - 1.8kg). Without the TC - easier / lighter The 300mm lens is super light for its type and sharp. I like it as I almost always walk around with camera and hand hold, and it focusses pretty close too. Of course it's not a zoom but for a lot of what I take, it works well and actually I like prime lenses in any case so am happy to miss a few shots as a trade-off. These pics were all taken with this kit. I also have a 70-300mm AF Nikon which I use less often these days - and it's not compatible with the teleconverter.

Such fine churches in Lincs and Northants. My one regret from moving north is not having them to explore and photograph.

We're certainly rather spoilt round here - pretty much every village (no matter how small) always seems to have its own ancient church. Each one is quite different, and each one a real window into local history.

Tramlines in light and dark on the gently rural Essex countryside that was, for a brief moment in time, RAF Chipping Ongar, home to 3000 odd men and the B26 Marauders of the 381st Bombardment Group of the USAAF. The pretty little church at Norton Mandeville was literally a baseball throw from the aircraft dispersals. Hard to imagine now.

3BBoMi.jpg

pojRbC.jpg

ju7B04.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back