advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bigger view... The TV looks small but is actually a 55" OLED one mounted on the slimmest mount I could find. The Sonos Beam was a good addition to the TV experience and I can recommend it for smaller rooms.

How do your speakers sit so flush and straigth with the walls? So many I see have to be pulled right into the room.

@Luceo non uro I thought W5s had a type of super tweeter already built into the rear of the speaker cabinet?

They do indeed have a rear-firing tweeter!

I bought the Townshends to complement a pair of floorstanders I had. Found them while I was unpacking the last boxes from my move, so stuck them on at the weekend to check if it made any difference. The answer; not really!

So I think I will be moving them on soon - they did make a nice difference to the previous speakers, so someone will make use of them.

I bought a Jico SAS stylus to go on the M97XE body recently - I had an M91ED with SAS stylus a few years ago and remember it being pretty sweet. It was - believe it or not it's a nice break from my Hana SL!

IMG-20210510-140539.jpg

IMG-20210510-141308.jpg

Yes, well spotted. And it sounds very nice too!

Hi Ross,

Regarding the Collaro mat, do you use it on top of the P8’s original felt mat or as a replacement?

What’s the difference between the red and white Collaro, is one thicker than the other? I’m aware that the white one is more for idler/vintage decks but not sure why and I’m considering one for my TD124.

Cheers....Dave

Missing a TT at the moment (not found anthing that takes my fancy) but the rest is still the same with the CD/Amp now hiding on top of the Ikea unit. All the CDs now in the grey drawers at the bottom.

System
by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

System
by Robert Seymour, on Flickr
Really like the style and colours in your room Hoops, also the custom risers for the Tannoy. Did you not have Stirlings many moons ago?

Really like the style and colours in your room Hoops, also the custom risers for the Tannoy. Did you not have Stirlings many moons ago?

Thanks, the brown walls will be going when we continue to renovate the house, a nice dark navy I think to match the blue GIK Panels and refurbish the parquet, a lot of the 'fingers' are loose and quite a bit of sun & fireplace damage.

Yes, I had a pair of Stirling HE's around 5-6 years back in my old flat. Never really got them to work, too many issues with bass, even when adjusting the sliding ports.

I have a palm tied together with string just like yours.
But how do you stop the leaf tips going black?

A secret mix of leaving it well alone and letting my wife take care of it!

But also wiping the leaves down once a week to take any dust off. I recently repotted it too as some less-than-elegant removals guys dropped and cracked it, so hopefully the pot is big enough to accommodate any growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back