advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
51164524688_f8e4605de6_b.jpg

That's lovely, Rick!
How was such a close-up, unhurried shot achieved ?
Thank you Martin. I'd noticed the fox walking across the park and then in to the flower garden. By guessing where I thought it would go next and going there ahead of it I was able to find a spot and quietly wait. I think it was about 5ft away from me when I got the shot by using the rear screen tilted so I could view it from a low angle. I've only cropped a tiny bit off the right side. I usually find keeping quiet and still allows animals a chance to relax and get back to their normal behavior.

Thank you Martin. I'd noticed the fox walking across the park and then in to the flower garden. By guessing where I thought it would go next and going there ahead of it I was able to find a spot and quietly wait. I think it was about 5ft away from me when I got the shot by using the rear screen tilted so I could view it from a low angle. I've only cropped a tiny bit off the right side. I usually find keeping quiet and still allows animals a chance to relax and get back to their normal behavior.

Rick - it's one hell of an image, and one I'm sure any photographer would've been thrilled to capture. Was this with the GFX? It's got that Medium Format 'pop' for sure.

Rick - it's one hell of an image, and one I'm sure any photographer would've been thrilled to capture. Was this with the GFX? It's got that Medium Format 'pop' for sure.
Thanks Richard. Yes, it was the Fuji and their 45mm lens which I just love now. So sharp and starting to enjoy the narrow depth of field it can also give when I want it. I use it most of the time and leave the other two zoom lenses at home.

It’s lovely pic, but blimey, that’s one very tame fox! Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back