advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

Nobody will ever get near to 100 again I am pretty certain and Lewis is bound to get even more before retirement , what a driver !

Pretty much what has been said before. I can certainly remember it being said about Michael Schumacher’s achievements.

Records are there to be broken, but it is a massive achievement and while Lewis stands at the top of most F1 records this is the one where the margin over his rivals is the greatest. Pedro de la Rosa was McLaren's test driver in 2007 and I remember hearing him talk about the way Lewis is able to adapt to the car changing, the weather changing, the track changing so much more quickly than anyone else and his ability to read the track within a couple of laps was second to none. A senior McLaren engineer said it was like watching a reincarnation of Senna at times and Andy Shovlin recently pointed out how Rosberg would be able to get the maximum out of the car after a 1000 laps whereas Lewis could do it in 3 (not a criticism of Rosberg who I rate very highly btw). People can say what they like about Lewis having the best car etc. but his talent is universally acclaimed by those who really know and what we are witnessing is the twilight of the career of a true great of the sport ... we should enjoy it for soon he will be gone and we'll be missing him the way so many only realise how good something was when it is no longer there.

Lewis Hamilton, a real role model for today's young people (and many of us olders as well for that matter!). Legend.

Imagine the horror of Max Verstappen, having been told "He'll catch up with you on the last lap", seeing the black apparition in his mirrors 6 laps from the end.

Its like watching days of thunder all over again :)

Max vs Lewis vs tyres

Max will be a worthy successor once Lewis has achieved title #8

Rather embarrassing for Bottas...ignoring team orders and then being so easily dispatched by Hamilton. Bottas will no doubt reasonably say the speed differential was due to tyres but in that case why decide to ignore team orders? He should pick his fights with the team carefully. He didn’t shine going for fastest lap either.

Rather embarrassing for Bottas...ignoring team orders and then being so easily dispatched by Hamilton. Bottas will no doubt reasonably say the speed differential was due to tyres but in that case why decide to ignore team orders? He should pick his fights with the team carefully. He didn’t shine going for fastest lap either.

I think poor old Bottas knows he will be out of a job soon...he needs to show some fight to try and pick up another seat before he collects his P45.

Its like watching days of thunder all over again :)

Max vs Lewis vs tyres

Max will be a worthy successor once Lewis has achieved title #8

He will always know, he wasn't good enough to beat Lewis though. I guess that will always sting a little.

He will always know, he wasn't good enough to beat Lewis though. I guess that will always sting a little.

I think you need to be careful saying that as we're only 4 races in and Monaco is next where I expect the Red Bull to excel. There really isn't much to choose between them with Lewis having the slight edge right now. However, if the other Red Bull had been where it was supposed to be today Merc wouldn't have had the luxury of making today's strategy work as easily as they did. It's a sport of fine margins.

I think you need to be careful saying that as we're only 4 races in and Monaco is next where I expect the Red Bull to excel. There really isn't much to choose between them with Lewis having the slight edge right now. However, if the other Red Bull had been where it was supposed to be today Merc wouldn't have had the luxury of making today's strategy work as easily as they did. It's a sport of fine margins.

I don't need to be careful at all, Lewis will reign supreme :). I have all the faith in him.

I accidentally heard that Verstappen had nipped into the lead at the beginning (I was trying to avoid spoilers as I only watch highlights on Channel 4) so I knew there would be some racing. Perhaps not a classic race but it was entertaining enough, what with Hamilton on the hunt at the end and Bottas being a very naughty boy!

Bottas was very foolish in his actions , HAM was always going to pass him so why block him for no reason as it will not have gone down well with the team ! I normally defend Bottas because people always seem to make out he is a poor driver but recently he has been lackluster , he needs to be finishing 2nd in every race to keep his seat

Bottas was very foolish in his actions , HAM was always going to pass him so why block him for no reason as it will not have gone down well with the team ! I normally defend Bottas because people always seem to make out he is a poor driver but recently he has been lackluster , he needs to be finishing 2nd in every race to keep his seat

I think it was quite deliberate today. My little thought to myself is that he already knows he will not be renewed past this years contract and is trying to lay a few markers to other potential teams that he is not going to lie down and meekly let HAM past.

This is just my slightly mischievous thought and has no evidential basis but whatever the reason, it was well considered but possible ill advised.

I thought Lewis showed calm and class on the way to the win today. You can possibly see the signs that in a season or two the Mercedes dominance will be over and already in the championship standings things are getting closer with the trad big 4.

I was pleased to see Ricciardo have a better day and I hope he and Lando continue to drag McLaren up the field.

Absolutely stonking drive from Leclerc yet again, showing a clean pair of heels to Perez, Sainz and causing considerable problems for Bottas.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Valtteri replaced next year, and if Lewis does finally quit after another season then things will be interesting for Mercedes.

Glad to see a much less processional race at Barcelona and looking forward to Monaco and the rest of the season.

advertisement

Back