advertisement

Scottish Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr.Gove arrives in Glasgow to give important advice.

zqxl1Na.jpg

What’s the difference between Michael Gove and Jaydaah Franzen?

qyvLkvc.jpg

Jaydaah got 46 more votes in Glasgow than Michael Gove.

That is a little pessimistic, Scotland could survive for years with asset sales and leaseback by the Chinese.
Which is pretty much the way the whole of Britain has been getting by for the last few decades, so nothing new here.
Where did all that North Sea oil money disappear? Why are all the major car manufacturers in the UK foreign-owned? Why is the City dominated by foreign banks (and there is only one British bank left in the world's top 20 by assets). Etc.

I really like Anas Sarwar- he’s the best Labour’s had in years in Scotland. He’s even popular with SNP MSPs. He’ll hopefully catch on that their current stance to independence is antithetical to Labour’s future as a viable party in Scotland. If he sits alongside Douglas Ross/Murray in Parliament and continues to tell the public they're wrong, then I’m afraid people will confuse him with the Tories and he’ll be moved on by the party just like past failed incumbents.

Looks like Ross has lost the confidence of No.10. Gove is in Glasgow speaking on devolved matters in Scotland, outside the competence of his office. That’s Ross’s job and he’s been bumped from appearing on Marr and elsewhere today.
Gove is doing a great job btw. He’s possibly even more toxic to the Tory brand in Scotland than Johnson.

I hear a lot of this ad hominem beef with NS.

What’s it about exactly??

What don’t you like? I’m intrigued!
She gets more air time than Sadiq Khan and only represents half his number of voters. I'm quite happy for the Scottish people to be in love with her but everytime I turn on the news, the story is her, or it's her speaking of her agenda.
Time to switch off.

Just get on with it. Once, of course, the proportional share of the UK national debt is repaid (God knows how much that has increased over the past year), all UK public sector jobs are relocated out of Scotland, a Scottish currency and central bank established independent of Sterling and the Bank of England, for starters. Army? Navy? Air Force? etc etc. Boris should be delighted. He’d get a nice big cheque into the treasury (hope it doesn’t bounce), save a fortune every year and be in No 10 forever. Crack on.

No problem at all, just as soon as Westminster repays all the oil revenues.

Oh wait a minute, it's all disappeared..

She gets more air time than Sadiq Khan and only represents half his number of voters. I'm quite happy for the Scottish people to be in love with her but everytime I turn on the news, the story is her, or it's her speaking of her agenda.

But surely the question of Scottish independence is of primary political importance now for the whole of the UK? Even Boris Johnson recognises that.

Time to switch off.

Hmm. Apples and oranges, no?

SK would get plenty airtime if he led a credible movement for the secession of London from the UK.

Sounds like you find ‘her’ ‘issue’ trivial. But many of the people she represents are deeply disenfranchised, just as many people SK represents are... it’s not trivial for them.

Govester was looking uncharacteristically unsettled on Marr. Maybe his loyalties are split - or he realises the game may be up (for him and the Union). His Covid deflection certainly didn't seem to work.

Govester was looking uncharacteristically unsettled on Marr. Maybe his loyalties are split - or he realises the game may be up (for him and the Union). His Covid deflection certainly didn't seem to work.

He's probably seeing his chances of leading the Tories fading into the sunset, as Boris settles his considerable arse into Number 10 for the long haul.

No problem at all, just as soon as Westminster repays all the oil revenues.

Oh wait a minute, it's all disappeared..

It’s already be repaid, and some. It’s peculiar how noise around Scottish Independence seems directly correlated to the oil price. I wish Scotland nothing but success btw, I just can’t see how the economics stack up in the cold light of day.

Time to switch off.

Definitely time to something off.

I really like Anas Sarwar- he’s the best Labour’s had in years in Scotland. He’s even popular with SNP MSPs. He’ll hopefully catch on that their current stance to independence is antithetical to Labour’s future as a viable party in Scotland. If he sits alongside Douglas Ross/Murray in Parliament and continues to tell the public they're wrong, then I’m afraid people will confuse him with the Tories and he’ll be moved on by the party just like past failed incumbents.

Looks like Ross has lost the confidence of No.10. Gove is in Glasgow speaking on devolved matters in Scotland, outside the competence of his office. That’s Ross’s job and he’s been bumped from appearing on Marr and elsewhere today.
Gove is doing a great job btw. He’s possibly even more toxic to the Tory brand in Scotland than Johnson.

Didn't he say on Marr something along the lines of Boris having to go if he breaks the Ministerial Code? Probably didn't go down well with Carrie.

I thought the Bible was slightly more than 400 years old.
Only a bit dear, 1611 and it’s Scotch an’ all. The one the infamously socially inhibited Education Secretary was bent over most evenings seeking relief.

Also have you seen that really weird thing he does with his hands when he speaks? Wrists flexed back, fingers divided and pointed down in a sawing motion.

XbZ5Q5W.jpg

So it's only the Prod version then? The Catholic one is much better. (Well, possibly. I've never actually read it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back