advertisement

Audio Note Speakers

Audionote speaker sometimes do not like corners a home demo is essential, however the K's are blooming nice as the home demo and subsequent purchase would suggest.:D

I am thinking of trying some efficient speakers which can be placed close to a wall. So Audio Note are an option. Other than Audio Note amps are there any other amps that work particularly well?

Musicarch 300b. One for sale at 2ndhand hifi, Stockton, at a very good price. This one belonged to a friend of mine, but I never actually heard it. I sold the same model some time ago for entirely non musical reasons: transportation, lack of a carrying crate, weight etc - I am pushing 80. Worked superbly with AN Js.

I've tried a few amps at various price points with my An-E LX HEs, and all have been good. They all have been of a similar sort-of ilk:

Audio Note OTO SE (upgraded throughout with AN copper caps etc) - very good
New Audio Frontiers 2A3 PP amplifier - even better. Probably best I've heard. Incredible bass. But had to move on as I wanted to go for something more reliable.
Current: DIY valve pre and First Watt F3 SS power. Not quite as good as the NAF, but better than the OTO, and crucially, much cheaper than either. Probably cost me 1300 for the two pieces, and I'm very happy with the combo.

So as long as you're going for a decent quality PP, SE, or a class A SS like Pass labs or First Watt, I can't see you having any issues.

So as long as you're going for a decent quality PP, SE, or a class A SS like Pass labs or First Watt, I can't see you having any issues.

Agreed, class A is definitely worth considering with AN speakers.
I ve tried Sugden, although ultimately I decided to go with Tannoys and not Js.

Oh and did I mention I have a beautiful Sugden IA4 available in Classifieds

advertisement

Back