advertisement

Scottish Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a strong turnout in Scotland so far.
Labour's Jackie Baillie, who is fighting Scotland's most marginal seat, also acknowledges the high turnout. She adds: "We don't know what that effectively means in marginal areas like mine."

.....good luck Jackie. Far better SNP candidate in your fiefdom. Hope you cop it.

Labour's Jackie Baillie, who is fighting Scotland's most marginal seat, also acknowledges the high turnout. She adds: "We don't know what that effectively means in marginal areas like mine."

.....good luck Jackie. Far better SNP candidate in your fiefdom. Hope you cop it.

It'll be interesting to see how it goes as it looks like Labour are benefitting from some tactical voting plus from having a better leader in Sanwar compared to the last few elections.

Somebody clever will have to think of a name for England, Wales and NI.
Officially, "The United Kingdom of England, Wales and Northern Ireland", seems the obvious choice. I'd think "Kingdom of Scotland" is most likely official form for Scotland: there seems to be very little interest in ditching the monarchy; SNP promises to retain the Crown, and SNP never promises anything if it knows it there isn't solid public support for it..

If Scotland were to start its new independent life under the Crown, it would create an interesting conundrum in Northern Irish Unionism. "Unionist" isn't exactly the right way to describe their core beliefs: loyalty to the Crown and the Protestant faith would be a better summary. To date, this has always been synonymous with loyalty to the United Kingdom, but add an independent Scotland under that same Crown, and you pose a very interesting question to Unionists: given how strong and deep the cultural ties between NI and Scotland are in the Protestant communities, is a "Union" that excludes Scotland really something NI would want to be part of?

Kezia Dugdale just on the BBC there confirming the Labour party view that voting for Labour or the Tories is pretty much the same thing.

Certainly there seems to be a lot of vote mobility from the Labour, Tory and the LibDem voters towards whoever they think is the strongest pro-Union candidate.

She was terrible on Newsnight the other day. Tone deaf to the political reality.

Looks like a strong turnout in Scotland so far.
Sarwars bid to take Sturgeon’s seat failed and it looks like Ruth Davidson’s seat will be taken from her party. She was helicoptered out barely in time. Evidence though of Tories tactically voting Labour and vice versa- says it all really.

Sarwars bid to take Sturgeon’s seat failed and it looks like Ruth Davidson’s seat will be taken from her party. She was helicoptered out barely in time. Evidence though of Tories tactically voting Labour and vice versa- says it all really.
She gets herself a seat in the House of Lords o_O

Oh, dear, one more pantomime villain exit stage left. I see his ex-boss is touting dodgy city investment vehicles on Internet banner ads these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back