advertisement

Poling Day, 6.5.2021.

The only vote we had here was for Police Commissioner but none of them sent us any information.
I looked on the appropriate websites for their intended policies if elected and couldn't find anything, so it was a case of deciding on the basis of political affiliation or not bothering to vote for any of them.

I didn't vote!
Local elections and PCC where I am. I had exactly the same experience as you - none of the candidates 'wanting my vote' (including the PCC candidates) could even be bothered to chuck up a simple website detailing why I should. I still have no idea what the PCC actually does to justify their existence either.

For the first time in as long as I can remember, I did as much as they did - and didn't bother.

My wife and I voted as we always do. Bit of a waste of time really as you could pin a blue rosette on a dog turd here and it would be voted in.

My wife and I voted as we always do. Bit of a waste of time really as you could pin a blue rosette on a dog turd here and it would be voted in.
The Tories are so entrenched down here that Labour and LibDems didn't even field candidates. The Independent was a card - rambled on about individual freedoms, and antiwoke stuff. I would have thought that was amply covered by the Tory.

The Tories are so entrenched down here that Labour and LibDems didn't even field candidates. The Independent was a card - rambled on about individual freedoms, and antiwoke stuff. I would have thought that was amply covered by the Tory.
That's normal for the vast majority of Independents. After all most of them stand as independent because the Waffen SS wing of the Conservative Party are too soft on immigrants.

I was working an unexpected long day and for the first time everI didn’t vote. I must say that when I do vote I always spoil my ballot slip. I know a lot of people would say this is a waste but it’s my way of saying that I want to vote, I’m willing to take the time to vote but please give me someone or something to vote for.

https://www.countbinface.com/london-2021-manifesto
I was hoping that Count Binface would win overall.
Perhaps next time. Khan and Bailey are both an embarrassment. Bailey especially, he wants to replace our excellent Low Traffic neighbourhood with High Traffic neighbourhoods........
https://road.cc/content/news/shaun-bailey-video-compares-ltns-tour-de-france-282789
"The video, released as part of his election campaign, features a London cab driver telling Bailey, who wants to scrap any 'unwanted' LTNs within 100 days if he is elected, 'We're not living in the Tour de France, London is a business city'."

Looking at the final results for my area the Green London Mayoral candidate Sian Berry has the highest number of second preference votes.

The Green Party are maybe now contenders for becoming the third party for England after this election. I hope they can build on it.

I’ve always thought there should be a “none of the above” or “reopen nominations” option at elections. It might serve to wake up some of the usual, complacent, suspects.

Police, as per the sentiment of TonyL, should be as far removed as possible from politics, including popular voting.

The whole fiasco was SO coloured by what ammounts to "no politics" for 18 months and all that caused it, that it should be seen as an aberation.

HOPEFULLY, when C19 DOES take a back seat, we shall return to at least near normal and Starmer will get his act together (and knock the living **** out of the internal detractor morons).

advertisement

Back