advertisement

The Wam Show 2021 confirmed

Hopefully I will have more luck this year. Flight and hotel booked for last year's Wam. First the airline Flybe ceased trading so started to make alternative travel arrangements and then Covid-19 struck.

That is a very hard run of bad luck . I do hope things will work for you this year and if you make please call in to my room it will be great to see you and i may even buy you a drink , thats the plus point but the draw back may well you will have to keep talking to me .

Okay the date of first weekend in October is now confirmed and the spreadsheet is duly open for any that wish to join in the madness that is exhibiting their system . Given the recent positive things over covid with live events being staged in Liverpool with no restrictions it looks that this will now really happen . Hope as many as possible will support this Show for those who are giving of their time and work to set up systems for others to hear . We have not been able to do this for a very long while and it will be good if it can be a success and have lots of visitors so that it can happen again .

Okay the date of first weekend in October is now confirmed and the spreadsheet is duly open for any that wish to join in the madness that is exhibiting their system . Given the recent positive things over covid with live events being staged in Liverpool with no restrictions it looks that this will now really happen . Hope as many as possible will support this Show for those who are giving of their time and work to set up systems for others to hear . We have not been able to do this for a very long while and it will be good if it can be a success and have lots of visitors so that it can happen again .

I plan to attend, but given the likely demographic it would be best to try to find a way to ensure that only vaccinated individuals are allowed to attend given the degree of mingling that occurs.

As a medical practitioner (who has been involved in the care of patients younger than myself who have died) it would be tragic for a participant to spread one of the variants (that will likely be circulating as we go into the autumn) to others who are completely Covid naive.

I know this may not be a popular view but we are not the Liverpool demograhic

I plan to attend, but given the likely demographic it would be best to try to find a way to ensure that only vaccinated individuals are allowed to attend given the degree of mingling that occurs.

As a medical practitioner (who has been involved in the care of patients younger than myself who have died) it would be tragic for a participant to spread one of the variants (that will likely be circulating as we go into the autumn) to others who are completely Covid naive.

I know this may not be a popular view but we are not the Liverpool demograhic

No we are not but we are of the demographic that will have had both jabs well before the event. There is also five months count them five months before the show. So if anything changes between then and now we will be able to change our choice nearer the date.

With things moving in a positive direction and the full restrictions looking good for June we need to not get filled with doom and gloom predictions. Yes we all know that things could switch and get worse and yes we all know that another lock down could be done . Yet it could also be continued progress and good things . We need to make that a possibility and not just high light the bad things that are only guesses.

Truth is no one knows for certain what will happen but we face that each time we wake up . We have to make a choice be positive and plan for lifes goods things or worry and stay locked in and cut off.

Reactions: RoA
No we are not but we are of the demographic that will have had both jabs well before the event. There is also five months count them five months before the show. So if anything changes between then and now we will be able to change our choice nearer the date.

With things moving in a positive direction and the full restrictions looking good for June we need to not get filled with doom and gloom predictions. Yes we all know that things could switch and get worse and yes we all know that another lock down could be done . Yet it could also be continued progress and good things . We need to make that a possibility and not just high light the bad things that are only guesses.

Truth is no one knows for certain what will happen but we face that each time we wake up . We have to make a choice be positive and plan for lifes goods things or worry and stay locked in and cut off.

This is not doom and gloom, only probabilities.

Perhaps ~5-7% of UK 50 years olds have refused vaccination (more in younger groups).

The unvaccinated are at risk from Covid, as we do not have herd immunity, and evidence suggests that those of us who are vaccinated can still pass it on (caught for example from children) to them. The unvaccinated are of Couse considerably more likely to transmit to each other but also to the vaccinated, and whilst death is unlikely hospitalisation is still occurring in vaccinated individuals.

The best way to mitigate the albeit small risk (at present), so we can all have a fun show, is to ask for proof of recent vaccination

Sorry but this is gloom and doom . Figures for people being placed in Hospital for the last seven days in the whole of the UK was 833 so this nothing like pandemic levels that figure will be exceeded every winter for those moved to hospital for catching Flu . So next we all have to stop doing anything because we might catch Flu ?
There has been to my knowledge no indications or firm plans for anyone to have to carry or produce proof they have been vaccinated and I do not think that the Wam Show should become the place to start it .

I could and would accept that if things or measure are needed then a negative Covid test result should be shown by all attending . This though is under the presumption in five months that the UK Gov will still be offering free testing kits , law of probabilities tells me that that is probably not likely to be the case .

We can all myself included not have to speculate at all about what will happen but just watch and observe what will happen . There is no reason at this date to make any mention of what might be climate and results at the time of the Show . Instead we just need to know it is booked and we are working towards it happening. We lost 2019 to cancellation there was no Show for 2020 planned all of which was prudent and sensible . I think the current timing and plans are also prudent and sensible and we should adopting a wait and see . I really want this to happen it is a major source of a fun weekend that I have enjoyed . I am I know over enthusiastic which is wrong but starting to make people doubt is also wrong .

Straight answer is I do not know what will happen from now to October . Straight answer for you is neither do you . So lets leave this and just let things happen and we can then look back and see which if any of the approaches made the best choice.

Sorry but this is gloom and doom . Figures for people being placed in Hospital for the last seven days in the whole of the UK was 833 so this nothing like pandemic levels that figure will be exceeded every winter for those moved to hospital for catching Flu . So next we all have to stop doing anything because we might catch Flu ?
There has been to my knowledge no indications or firm plans for anyone to have to carry or produce proof they have been vaccinated and I do not think that the Wam Show should become the place to start it .

I could and would accept that if things or measure are needed then a negative Covid test result should be shown by all attending . This though is under the presumption in five months that the UK Gov will still be offering free testing kits , law of probabilities tells me that that is probably not likely to be the case .

We can all myself included not have to speculate at all about what will happen but just watch and observe what will happen . There is no reason at this date to make any mention of what might be climate and results at the time of the Show . Instead we just need to know it is booked and we are working towards it happening. We lost 2019 to cancellation there was no Show for 2020 planned all of which was prudent and sensible . I think the current timing and plans are also prudent and sensible and we should adopting a wait and see . I really want this to happen it is a major source of a fun weekend that I have enjoyed . I am I know over enthusiastic which is wrong but starting to make people doubt is also wrong .

Straight answer is I do not know what will happen from now to October . Straight answer for you is neither do you . So lets leave this and just let things happen and we can then look back and see which if any of the approaches made the best choice.
Of course, nobody knows what will happen between now and October, but the facts are that many people will not have been vaccinated and even those who have are capable of passing the virus on to others. We cannot ignore these risks. HiFi or health? I know which I would choose.

yes a truly great day out, especially when most if not all Wamer's are Hung over from the night before, Well done boys,
BUT i do have reservations about covid, as you are packed in them their rooms, i know it's 5 month's away, but to be honest i don't think i will be going this year, and also will not be seeing any live bands, bring on 2022, wishing my life away,

advertisement

Back