advertisement

Labour Leader: Keir Starmer IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greens in the UK = 1 MP; we're not going to get very far with that, as much as I like and admire Caroline Lucas.

Greens in the UK = 1 MP; we're not going to get very far with that, as much as I like and admire Caroline Lucas.

They do a lot better in the Scottish Parliament due to the list PR topping up thing - so much so that they often can get some green policies enacted as they've held the balance of power (although some might say that they become over-represented because of that - however they do have a reasonable element of alignment with the SNP on green policies).

Racism. Xenophobia. Nationalism. Theft of £billions of tax revenue. Sacrifice of the elderly, the handicapped and brown people for “the economy”/crackpot libertarian conspiracy theory. The breaking of UK and international law. Endless lies.

All perfectly fine, apparently.

Yep, at some point those of us who find those sort of things abhorrent need to accept that a significant proportion of the population think they are traits to be admired .

Yep, at some point those of us who find those sort of things abhorrent need to accept that a significant proportion of the population think they are traits to be admired .
Or who just listen to their wallet, because they assume that Tories are better at that. And the call of the wallet is louder than everything else.

Sir Keir's idea of a winning campaign strategy... What a wally. Can't believe it didn't work :D

E0Msz0uWQAUJ2iT

He was silent (so far) this morning https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1390600166043004928

Presumably he will be in denial for the next few weeks or months and we will see the trend continue of him becoming more and more unpopular over time.

There's growing support for Andy Burnham as Labour's 'cometh the hour, cometh the man'. Definitely need some energy and personality in the next leader. Even if Labour will likely just be making up the numbers in the Commons for the next decade.

Mandelson was on R4 earlier. He was right in the reasoning Corbyn followed by Brexit & Covid & then Brexit again.

The French fishermen did a great job for BJ & may help Macron see off Le Penn.

I think some of the brains trust on here should take the reigns at Labour or launch a new party & we can have a glorious revolution.

As long as I can keep my middle class job & lifestyle we are golden.
It should remembered that the Glorious Revolution was not about bringing in anything new, but a 360 degree revolution back to where we were. Just as in1689, we are now looking back to an past that was supposed to be an improvement for all, but was in fact a power grab for a few

Racism. Xenophobia. Nationalism. Theft of £billions of tax revenue. Sacrifice of the elderly, the handicapped and brown people for “the economy”/crackpot libertarian conspiracy theory. The breaking of UK and international law. Endless lies.

All perfectly fine, apparently.
Also, and increasingly, economic populism.

It might all be smoke and mirrors but it grabs people's attention.

Labour should try it sometime.

I think we must come to accept the reality that a bit like in the USA, the views of a large swathe of the UK population are repugnant. Not easy to accept, but there you are.

Kinda reminds me of Randy Newman song The Kingfish
"He may be a fool but he's our fool"

Lose lose lose lose Blair Blair Blair lose lose lose lose'....

The trouble is, that Blair had to throw out all of Labour's ideals in order to get elected; what's the point of that? Brown was an even bigger disaster and it's looking like Starmer is a liability; those pictures of him campaigning are an embarrassment tbh. How does a Sir even get to be in the Labour party?

The trouble is, that Blair had to throw out all of Labour's ideals in order to get elected; what's the point of that? Brown was an even bigger disaster and it's looking like Starmer is a liability; those pictures of him campaigning are an embarrassment tbh. How does a Sir even get to be in the Labour party?
Do you not like working class people climbing the ladder?

Much better to have a privately educated poser like Corbyn?

The working class need to know their place etc

Genuinely curious - can anyone name a Labour party leader they like who has won an election?

(disclosure: habitual Green voter so no skin in the game either way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back