advertisement

Ebay refunds

The very few times I tried to use FB Marketplace to sell items was painful; I used my '****Off' button more on there in a few weeks than I did on eBay in about a year :D

This was hifi, Apple and a few gadgets etc. No cheap crap; but all the sales attracted was illiterate knobsocks, who couldn't afford the item, so thought they'd low-ball instead to see if I was desperate (even though the listing advised against that for the good of their health)...

Never again!

eBay works and works well IMO; I've just sold my 27" iMac on there, £50 offer under my asking price, accepted, payment made, it cleared into my account in 2 days, iMac collected. ZERO issues and because I took advantage of the 80% off the final fee offer; I only lost out of pocket by £25! That'll do me

For me, that's when to take advantage of eBay; when they have selling offers on and their direct payment scheme now is so much more transparent and easier to use/understand

This was all low value stuff that I would otherwise have given away or taken to the tip. No bids on eBay, sold within a week on Facebook. Horses for courses...

But PayPal have your bank details, yes? And PayPal was originally owned by eBay?

Yes and apparently that's the case.
However PayPal is a online money transfer tool and ebay is a market place and auction. Two very different things.
So I'm happy to use PayPal as a quick, efficient and free way of paying for items or transferring monies and I accept that in the same way as I would pay for a traditional shop window card, a newspaper ad, a stall at a market or fee from an auction house when I use eBay to sell an item.
I'm not happy about eBays refund policy or indeed them taking money off the top, it was much preferable for me personally to pay my ebay fees at the end of the month (that's how it used to be) and for ebay to refund their fee when the occasion arises. Seems to me that they're stacking all the cards in their favour.
Although I've never used Facebook or Gumtree I have bought and sold £1000's of bikes and parts solely through Instagram, with zero fees, looks like that will be avenue in future.

advertisement

Back