advertisement

Getting subwoofers for the first time

You defo want black?

Yes it needs to sit alongside some black Cyrus boxes (phono, CDI, FM7, PSXRs).

The black ones are thin on the ground.

I should stress this is an experiment and more to get my hands on an easy way to high pass the KEFs and get access to Audyssey. it will be interesting to see if this can best a Cyrus 8 Dac/PSXr. :)

Yeah, a few silver ones around. Have the 1608, considering an upgrade myself.

It will be an interesting contest.

£2.5K British minimalist amp driving Kefs full range with subs blended using their own DSP V HT receiver of notionally lower amplifier quality but doing a ton of integration DSP to the mains and subs.

Multiple Subwoofers can bring a lot to the party started with a single & now running 4 x 1200w each with 4x9inch drivers
16 Drivers produce even bass distribution around the room & endless LFE

Yes it needs to sit alongside some black Cyrus boxes (phono, CDI, FM7, PSXRs).

The black ones are thin on the ground.

I should stress this is an experiment and more to get my hands on an easy way to high pass the KEFs and get access to Audyssey. it will be interesting to see if this can best a Cyrus 8 Dac/PSXr. :)
Audyssey XT32 is well worth it.

The added resolution in the bass makes a worthwhile difference, in my experience.
Aye the 6015 is the first model that has XT32, by the time I'm ready to get a demo the 6016 will probably be out, be nice if the 1712 has XT.

Had half an eye on the NAD778 and new Anthem kit but it appears every unit released so far has bugs in one form or other so figured I'd wait a while.

It will be an interesting contest.

£2.5K British minimalist amp driving Kefs full range with subs blended using their own DSP V HT receiver of notionally lower amplifier quality but doing a ton of integration DSP to the mains and subs.
Just noticed there is a review by Herb Reichert of the KEF KC62 sub with a variety of speakers including the LS50s in the June issue of Stereophile. Generally very positive.

advertisement

Back