advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boris sends in the gunboats against the French. He’s kicked it out the park in Hartlepool tomorrow- they only lynched the monkey cos they were convinced it was a Napoleonic spy,

zrk068N.jpg

Last edited:
Boris sends in the gunboats against the French. He’s kicked it out the Park in Hartlepool tomorrow- they only lynched the monkey cos they were convinced it was a Napoleonic spy,

It's a good look for a nation about to host a meeting of the G7. I'm sure this will go down well with Biden. The glory days are back. What a pity we have no elections today in this part of Herefordshire, apart from for the police commissioner.

Anyone got a critical remark about the French, or is it going to be another day of anti-English bile?

France has threatened to cut off electricity to the island (Jersey), which began issuing licences to French boats under a new system last week.

Source: BBC

It’s good we have elections today in Gloucestershire. I can vote in the best way possible to help Labour disrupt the tories.

As expected, the French fishermen are getting off their arse and protesting. The Brits are far too malleable and compliant IMO. Why the Scottish and English fishermen aren't doing the same, heading down the Thames and spraying fish guts over the "Mother of all Parliaments" over their Brexit mistreatment by Spaffers government is quite beyond me.

Rear Admiral Farage needs to get down there. Could be a distraction to let brown people come over the Dover Straights disguised as Rod Hull and Emu,

ZWF14rT.jpg

There seems to be a lot of conflation going on in government and the press, with fingers of blame being pointed at the EU. Apart from this coming about as a result of Brexit, it's got nothing to do with the EU, and everything to do with Jersey and the French. And if there's any truth in the following, then one can quite understand why Normandy fishermen are p***ed off :

"But not everyone in the local fishing sector agrees. The island’s leading oyster and mussel fisherman, Chris Le Masurier, is scathing and says the problem is not Brexit but the local government’s “incompetent bunch of idiots”.

“I am so drained after this weekend because every French fisherman I know phoned me to complain,” he said. “I have been dealing with France for 30 years and I’ve learned there is a way to deal with our closest neighbour,” he told the local online news outlet Bailiwick Express. “It seems that the new licences were sent out Friday and then everyone ran out of the office. It was a complete insult to the French. It’s as if an apprentice who started on Friday has issued the licences. This has all been done in a pathetic way.”"

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...row-french-threats-pretty-close-to-act-of-war

In order to divert attention from the economic failures of Brexit, Johnson will have to continually find new scapegoats and what better way to do it than by turning our closest allies into enemies. After all we didn’t win two world wars to be pushed around by the frogs, now did we?
I see he’s had to climb down from his purile gesture of denying the EU ambassador to Britain full diplomatic status. Raab thought he would show Brussels some boss armpit and got handed his deodorant ( by Biden’s Secretary of State apparently).

“Raab said: “Look, we’re pragmatic about this, of course the EU’s … not quite a normal state. We’re engaged in negotiations and I’m sure we’ll get that result.

“We will treat our EU partners with all of the respect that they rightly deserve … we’re looking forward to turning the page on the Brexit saga.”

....oh the statesmanship.

Not exactly Midway…

E0sbCq-WUAAAyz9

Doesn't seem to be in French headlines. But the Daily Mail is going (very) big with talk of war. Comments mostly about World War II and French and Germans.

More proof that Brexiteers ultimate fear and/or fantasy is another war with the Continentals? o_O

I don't agree at all that the Brexit mindset is insular and inward-looking, in fact very much to the contrary. By contrast, I see the EU as being closed, entirely self-serving, protectionist and parochial. It's record on geopolitics is lamentable, and it isn't improving.
I didn't say inward-looking, but I very much believe the mindset is insular - in the literal and figurative senses. We are an island, and islands have an insular mindset, hence the term. It's partly about independence and not wanting to be part of the herd. My point is that this is at odds with a notion of working towards the common good in a truly global sense.

I don't agree at all that the Brexit mindset is insular and inward-looking, in fact very much to the contrary. By contrast, I see the EU as being closed, entirely self-serving, protectionist and parochial. It's record on geopolitics is lamentable, and it isn't improving.

The EU may be 'closed. entirely self-serving, protectionist and parochial' but when that covers 27 countries (some of which needed, and are receiving, significant help after decades of Soviet bloc) I'm OK with that.
Quite different from the selfish motivations of Brexit. Which, ironically, will most probably damage the UK more than any other country.

Not exactly Midway…

E0sbCq-WUAAAyz9

Doesn't seem to be in French headlines. But the Daily Mail is going (very) big with talk of war. Comments mostly about World War II and French and Germans.

More proof that Brexiteers ultimate fear and/or fantasy is another war with the Continentals? o_O

Boris slaps down furious Frogs.
RAAB warns ARGIES!!!

Presumably while these boats have been dispatched to the vicinity of the Bailiwick of Jersey, swarthy foreigners are, as we speak, girding their loins, reinflating their li-los and setting course north from Calais...

Presumably while these boats have been dispatched to the vicinity of the Bailiwick of Jersey, swarthy foreigners are, as we speak, girding their loins, reinflating their li-los and setting course north from Calais...
“Nigerians posting themselves to Britain in greater numbers”.

As expected, the French fishermen are getting off their arse and protesting. The Brits are far too malleable and compliant IMO. Why the Scottish and English fishermen aren't doing the same, heading down the Thames and spraying fish guts over the "Mother of all Parliaments" over their Brexit mistreatment by Spaffers government is quite beyond me.
Why not take on the role of organiser and leader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back