advertisement

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-40 speaker cables

Interesting stuff.... I know others on here who didn't find such a leap from Tellurium Black to LS25 but would to LS40. Could well be system dependent. I'd be surprised if the leap to LS40 isn't more revealing than the improvement you've heard already. Get your wallet ready.........:D

interesting! Yes it could be system dependent. The Ls25 compared with the Black 2 sounds like a veil has been lifted (cliche I know) and so much more of everything.

will be most impressed if they do arrive tomorrow, as they are still sitting in my hallway for collection tomorrow...
You shouldn't have told him. He would still have come on here tomorrow telling us all about how the dog heard a massive improvement ☺️

@PhilDick we are probably touchy because (for a change when we discuss cables) we have a relatively harmonious thread going and get rather frustrated at cable non believers hijacking them. There are numerous other threads where your humour might be welcome but there is a serious band of enthusiasts here who have no affiliation to ABCAudio , have valued the opportunity to try the cables for free and in many cases believed our ears and purchased. The non-believer rhetoric - even in jest - gets a bit tiresome.....

@PhilDick we are probably touchy because (for a change when we discuss cables) we have a relatively harmonious thread going and get rather frustrated at cable non believers hijacking them. There are numerous other threads where your humour might be welcome but there is a serious band of enthusiasts here who have no affiliation to ABCAudio , have valued the opportunity to try the cables for free and in many cases believed our ears and purchased. The non-believer rhetoric - even in jest - gets a bit tiresome.....

Yes we have FaecesBook for that type of discussion. I’ve been really impressed at the decency of discussions in PFM as a relative noob.

Hi folks,
I might be interested to hear these cables - they should improve on my old Linn LK20 stuff. Two practical questions though: How long are they and how are they terminated? My current cables go around the edge of a 25ft by 15 ft room, so even go straight across the carpet I'd need about 4.5m lengths to even try. (And the cost might be slightly terrifying at those kind of lengths...)

Thanks

CK has been recommending to me that I get my name on the LS40 list as he says there is a synergy with Aavik, but can't find the latest list in the thread. Can someone please add me? The Aavik amp is still running in and getting better but overall it's still not as engaging as my Audionet system. Also want to try it on my Audionet before it leaves the premises, as I appear to have sold it subject to payment. I've told CK that I don't think it will outperform my Belkin PureAV Silver cables on the Audionet system but I remain open minded (bought for all of £19 from Ebay and the best speaker cables I have ever used with that amp regardless of price).

CK has been recommending to me that I get my name on the LS40 list as he says there is a synergy with Aavik, but can't find the latest list in the thread. Can someone please add me? The Aavik amp is still running in and getting better but overall it's still not as engaging as my Audionet system. Also want to try it on my Audionet before it leaves the premises, as I appear to have sold it subject to payment. I've told CK that I don't think it will outperform my Belkin PureAV Silver cables on the Audionet system but I remain open minded (bought for all of £19 from Ebay and the best speaker cables I have ever used with that amp regardless of price).
Ping Alan - ABCAudio. List here
https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/thr...40-speaker-cables.247843/page-25#post-4323547

Don’t listen to CK :D. I’ve told him before that if he’s spending that much on an amp, it deserves to have LS80 cables attached. They really are another leap forward (there’s an LS80 thread on here)

Not that I’m trying to spend your money of course! :p

Did any of the other testers find the bananas a loose fit? This is at both amplifier and speaker end. My other cables don't have this.

Guessing it could be as the cables have passed through many hands and seen a lot of "plugging action"?

advertisement

Back