advertisement

Norman Records

Vinny

pfm Member
If they get much of a mention, it passes me by, so a plug for them.

Prices are good - usually cheaper than Amazon, and if you spend £50, carriage is free.
Email contact is also exemplary - simple to do, cheerful, helpful and swift. Just how things should be for an online business.

Downside - they APPEAR to stock titles once and then move on, so no back catalogue beyond the "obscure", so look to them for reasonably recent releases in the main.

I have been impressed with Norman Records too and bought quite a lot from them so will continue to fill those record boxes.

If anyone is looking to new releases in particular, certainly sign-up for their emails - not too frequent, brief and comprehensive.

One of quite a substantial list of shops and labels I follow on Facebook. Often a good way of getting tipped off about new releases etc.

I went to their RSD offering a couple of times - a little weird as there's no actual shop, just a nondescript unit on a small trading estate just outside Leeds. And I think it was for that reason that they were stopped from taking part, as they had no shopfront. Big shame, as they're nice people & the prices are good. I pop down now & again to pick stuff up.

I buy from them on a regular basis.
I like the way they package their records.
I like the way you can keep adding to an order and they ship when all items are released.

What has absolutely boiled my pish this week is the fact that they delivered some Cabaret Voltaire new releases to me last week and cut the price by 20% yesterday....that really really sucks balls.

^^ LLOL
Life, generally, sucks, doesn't it?

I got all twisted and grim for about 30seconds then had a coffee when I realised I had neither opened nor played the bloody thing!

Life is odd.....I'm still on the right side of the dirt so all is well.

Norman are the store of choice for me too. Largely reliant on their regular emails for info on new releases esp since gigs stopped. Always too slow for the Dinked releases though.

advertisement

Back