advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if they are the originals Mike. I've seen other photos which show something else entirely.
That chip needs the best caps for company.
Now who would I send it to for treatment? Hmmm....;)

I'm not sure if they are the originals Mike. I've seen other photos which show something else entirely.
That chip needs the best caps for company.
Now who would I send it to for treatment? Hmmm....;)
I think they must be originals, I really can't imagine anyone putting them in at a later date.

IMG_2255.JPG
Philips-DAC960-TDA1541A-S2-034-small.jpg

My new (old) DAC, which has had some components changed by the previous owner.

The DAC has a natural perspective which I'm only used to hearing from vinyl. It lacks the absolute detail of other digital sources I've owned, but the instrumental timbres and sense of ensemble are very very good.
Transport is is similar vintage Meridian 207.

I'm wondering if an AMR CD77 may add the extras bit of detail.

Dribble.

If you ever go to sell it, please let me know.

DSC_0033_ots4si.jpg

Mine is just a bog standard "A", no "crowns" ;-( ...

DSC_0032_wsj6mh.jpg

DSC_0125_lcmayt.jpg

I've owned the AU51 DAC (from the early 90's?) for about 10 years now. I keep popping it back in whenever I'm "between DACs". It's so fluid and tonally "right" sounding, puts the focus right back on the music. Especially love fuzzed up guitar rock on this DAC although acoustic instruments sound excellent too.

Detail has improved over the years as sources have improved. With the Mac mini M1 / Sony Xperia phone -> Denafrips Hermes converter, the sound coming out of the speakers is not too shabby.

This isn't my system, but it is a system at my favorite HiFi shop in my native Seattle (Hawthorne Stereo):

IMG_20171229_152118 by Sean Smith, on Flickr

Since I'm moving back to the Seattle soon, I'm using it as inspiration for when we settle again. I love the giant Persian rugs on the wall and floor, and the illumination. The stereo istelf? Meh.

Sigh.... In a previous lifetime I bought NHT speakers and traded Naim kit with Hawthorne. Takes me back to when I lived in BC (wish I could go back).

This isn't my system, but it is a system at my favorite HiFi shop in my native Seattle (Hawthorne Stereo):

Since I'm moving back to the Seattle soon, I'm using it as inspiration for when we settle again. I love the giant Persian rugs on the wall and floor, and the illumination. The stereo istelf? Meh.

How many wall sockets do they have for power on the left of the the rug?:eek:

Those rugs really tie the wall and the floor together ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back