advertisement

Miley Cyrus

Ian G

pfm Member
I always thought she was raving bonkers but I liked her voice on her last single but was unsure if it was all post production. I've just been completely mesmerised watching 'The backyard sessions' unbelievably excellent. Save the experience until you have plenty of spare time I couldn't take my eyes off her (not in a pervy way)

Her voice has definitely matured into an interesting instrument. Content wise I'm not a massive fan, but some of the live performances on YT are hard to knock.

Did you see the Black Mirror episode starring her?
I think you’ll love it if not!

By a strange coincidence I watched that last night and it was brilliant; also I had no idea it was Hannah Montana. She really rocks out at the end.

I caught a Radio1 live lounge thing on catch up during the first lock down last year. One of the songs was an Eagles cover - darned good it was. She can dress up to look like a dirty Rock chick, but does have a proper voice. Not so unexpected really- she was born into it and has years and years of entertainment experience already.

She performed a belting version of 'Say Hello 2 Heaven' with Temple of the Dog at the Chris Cornell tribute concert from a few years ago.

My daughter loved Hanna Montana and we were made to watch every episode Over and over again.
She was trying far too hard with the bad girl attitude at first.
Glad she has settled, she was made for stardom what with her father and the HM show, good luck to her.

She had a strange phase when she stuck her tongue out a lot but she has now relaxed. Always found the lower end of her voice interesting. She goes deep and she does a fine impression of her Godmother with a fine Jolene cover. One to watch. I know Mark Ronson was taken aback by her talent when he recorded her.Once she gets away from the populist stuff she may become interesting.

I am amongst those looking forward to her rumoured Metallica covers album. But she has in the last couple of years gone "rock" after an unsuccessful foray into country. She has a great voice, incredible stage presence and has already done some killer rock covers. For example see her "Doll Parts" cover on the Howard Stone show. And in the last year or so she had performed with a straight forward rock band to back her.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

She had a strange phase when she stuck her tongue out a lot but she has now relaxed. Always found the lower end of her voice interesting. She goes deep and she does a fine impression of her Godmother with a fine Jolene cover. One to watch. I know Mark Ronson was taken aback by her talent when he recorded her.Once she gets away from the populist stuff she may become interesting.
She can certainly sing, as her Glastonbury performances testifies. The record with Mark Ronson is great, and I'm not really a fan of Ronson. Very good producer but little individuality, all a bit pastiche.

I saw an interview with her where she said that her Doctor had warned her that if she carried on the hard living her voice wouldn't survive it so she knocked it all on the head. You can already tell her voice has changed considerably over such a short period of time, whether that is down to damage already done or not who knows.

This voice is different to her previous stuff for instance

sounds like a bad audition on the X-factor, so i guess shouting makes her sound better, Blonde must be laughing her head off

advertisement

Back