advertisement

Vaccine recipients....

My first vaccination felt like I had been hit by a bus about 9 hours later coupled with general fatigue which lasted 4-5 days. My second shot was on Friday and I have had no real reaction to speak of and have just cycled 20 miles with no obvious signs of distress so back to normal. No sore arm in each case.

Side effects do seem to vary wildly, don’t they.
Me & the Mrs both had our 2nd AZ 2weeks ago.
After the first jab, we both had a sore arm & I had very mild cold/ headache for a day or two. Didn’t even feel the need for a lemsip or tablet.
After the 2nd jab, nothing at all. Not even a sore arm. They told us we may get worse side effects after the 2nd dose regardless of how we reacted to the first one.
One of our daughters who is a front line worker was floored by flu & migraine like symptoms after the first jab yet felt nothing after the 2nd, as did my 80 yr old MIL.
It would be interesting to know why it gives such wildly varying & unpredictable side effects, but whatever they are, I’m glad I’ve had the jabs.

I was fine for about 36 hours after getting mine then had a night of shivering etc., like a mild dose of the flu, but was ok again by morning.

My wife had a headache for a couple of days after she got her jab.

Same as Sonority, I hope 2nd (due on 26th) goes the same. Sorry for those that have had a bad reaction. Talking to friends and colleagues that have had COVID, their reaction to vaccine somewhat mirrors their experience of the real thing... so maybe a severe reaction is worth it as COVID-19 would be far worse. I’m sure down the line a correlation might be found.

I had slight side effects from AZ 1st jab, rather less than I had from my flu jab. I just felt a bit dulled for 36 hours.

AZ

Me 56 vulnerable compromised immune plus other stuff - 1st jab very mildly sore arm for a day

Mrs 51 good health - flu symptoms mainly aches and freezing cold, lasted for 2 days stayed in bed and off work 1st day, never takes sick days unless really bad

Me - 2nd jab very very mildly sore arm for an hour (3 weeks have now passed so should be fairly safe - not taking any chances and still shielding anyway)

Mrs - 2nd jab severe aches and pains but no flu symptoms and went to work, says better 3 days later

Defo not wanting her or me to ever get COVID even after 2nd jab reckon it would be a right b**trd.

Who's had it and who's reacted?

Had mine on Saturday and its absolutely floored me..

Never expected the reaction to be this bad... I've never in my life felt this rough and I genuinely feel like I've been run over...

My back, shoulders, neck and ankles feel like they've been massaged with a lump hammer...

I've come back from powerlifting comps having bust myself in the process and never felt this achy :D
Which vaccine?

Me (51), Mrs (57) and daughter (19) all had dose #1 of moderna. We're all generally in good health and we all had a sore arm for a couple of days - worse than a flu shot, but not as bad as a tetanus (DPT) shot. Will report back after dose #2 - must remember to get it in my right arm next time since I sleep on my left.

Pfizer

Male, 58, Pisces.

1st Dose, 48 hours ago.

Zero negative effects so far.

My wife had her 2nd dose Pfizer 24 hours ago. Zero negative effects so far.

I had my first AZ about 10 days ago (in France) and was advised to take an efferalgan (paracetamol) one hour before the jab.
Sore arm for 2 or 3 days and mild flu like symptoms for 36 hours and then pretty much back to normal.

AZ two doses.
No bruising and painless.
Dose 1- 48 hours felt like flu, tired, tinnitus, dizzy.
Dose 2 - virtually nothing, slight headache after 24 hours

Male, 58, Pisces.

Aha! Maybe the effects differ according to one's star sign. I'm a Scorpio and only felt a slight sting in the arms both Pfizer times. Having had no after effects to speak of (and nor did my wife with 1st dose A-Z), I do wonder if it's created any beneficial immunity. :(

I’m only 29 and was invited for my first dose of Pfizer last week.

The jab was over in no time and you felt barely anything. After having the vaccine, I had to sit and wait for 15 mins before being allowed to go.

A bit of a sore arm for 24 hours and that’s it, no side effects whatsoever. Second dose in 11 weeks max now I’ve been told.

Would definitely encourage anyone of my age to and get vaccinated when they have the invite.

Had the 2nd Pfizer jab last Wed ~8pm.

Early evening on Thursday my temperature dropped to 34.1. Wrapped up and went to bed, all fine the next morning.

49, az a week ago today, ears went bright red for about ten minutes, a real hot flush, and that was it, nothing, no sore arm, Nada.

advertisement

Back