advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're hoping not to have to all by the looks of things
I'm just thinking that the 25-35 cohort isn't all that at risk but the 10 years younger cohort, while less at risk still, is probably a greater threat to the spread of the virus, so if you can get them jabbed, at least once but ideally twice before term starts, one big risk factor and transmission vector is minimised. I'm hoping somebody somewhere has done the risk/benefit sums on this.

They’re fully informed and it’s a worthwhile experiment, so a better term might be “civic minded young people.”

How else do they test this kind of event, then? All consenting adults, that have taken a test before and after...

The tests haven't been approved by the regulator for that purpose. You won't get a school to accept a rapid test result for a negative, for example. The problem is false negatives from a lack of sensitivity. The tests are approved for the positive reading showing the need to isolate not a negative reading indicating safety. [The UK’s healthcare regulator has expressed concern to the government that its multibillion-pound mass testing programme is “a stretch” of the authorised use of rapid tests, the Guardian has learned. The regulator is concerned that people who test negative will be given false reassurance by their result and will let down their guard if they believe they are Covid-free.]

Few of the attendees will have been vaccinated, it's not even outdoors but in tents - it's absolutely the height of stupidity.

3500.jpg

3136.jpg

“We are ecstatic!” said Tom Plummer, 19, a chemistry student who was wearing matching Hawaiian shirts with his housemates. “I will happily be a test subject for Boris [Johnson] any day.” Says it all really - what a buffoon.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-of-post-covid-freedom-at-liverpool-pilot-gig

Last edited:
I'm just thinking that the 25-35 cohort isn't all that at risk but the 10 years younger cohort, while less at risk still, is probably a greater threat to the spread of the virus, so if you can get them jabbed, at least once but ideally twice before term starts, one big risk factor and transmission vector is minimised. I'm hoping somebody somewhere has done the risk/benefit sums on this.

They gave the calculation to Boris who thought it was another wallpaper quote and threw it away.

Does anyone know what hypothesis was being tested in the Liverpool concert?

For example, have all the people at the event had a negative PCR result beforehand? Or just a negative LFD?

Did they allow those with negative LFD and positive PCR to attend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back