advertisement

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-40 speaker cables

Why? Straight forward question. Does the cable incorporate some components other than those usually found in a cable? Nothing wrong if it does, surprising if it doesnt.

No it does not, just wire or for Ian wet string (cool).
The wire is Litz the same as I used on the TQ cables (now obsolete) but we are NOT using bog standard died PVC webbing, and because of that is works and sounds better. Oh and for G.M. info not using my patents that TQ hold either, a much bigger leap of faith and design. And as G.M. says wrongly it is not a filter.
We will not discuses here the chemical make up of the plastic, but it is safe and a bugger to work with and tool up for. (and costs loads)
How it work well again if we told you it would only mean few folk understanding it and then others steeling it. But think of people like Faraday, Tesla, Maxwell and Erg. Oh and Black Holes.

So please try it send us feedback, as the powers to be in mags will not try it or review it because we do not spend 5-10 Grand on adverts so we can't blackmail them.
We do not use greedy distribution.
We do not use greedy retailers.
We do not do glitter wrapped PVC or chocolate box packing.
BUT we do make designs for the music lovers who can't afford £10K a metre as a rich mans statement.

Be safe guys Best Col

No it does not, just wire or for Ian wet string (cool).
The wire is Litz the same as I used on the TQ cables (now obsolete) but we are NOT using bog standard died PVC webbing, and because of that is works and sounds better. Oh and for G.M. info not using my patents that TQ hold either, a much bigger leap of faith and design. And as G.M. says wrongly it is not a filter.
We will not discuses here the chemical make up of the plastic, but it is safe and a bugger to work with and tool up for. (and costs loads)
How it work well again if we told you it would only mean few folk understanding it and then others steeling it. But think of people like Faraday, Tesla, Maxwell and Erg. Oh and Black Holes.

So please try it send us feedback, as the powers to be in mags will not try it or review it because we do not spend 5-10 Grand on adverts so we can't blackmail them.
We do not use greedy distribution.
We do not use greedy retailers.
We do not do glitter wrapped PVC or chocolate box packing.
BUT we do make designs for the music lovers who can't afford £10K a metre as a rich mans statement.

Be safe guys Best Col

If not being an advertiser is a bar to a product being reviewed by the HiFi press, that is an appalling situation, which destroys the credibility of reviews entirely and reduces access to useful information that could inform decisions for consumers. I always thought there was some mutual back-scratching and blowing of sunshine up each other's ****s going on, which is inevitable in a greed-driven society, but I had no idea it was that bad. Are there no reviewers out there with a conscience who would buck the trend? I know Paul Rigby reviewed the early EWA cables (LS-5, LS-25, MC-5).

If not being an advertiser is a bar to a product being reviewed by the HiFi press, that is an appalling situation, which destroys the credibility of reviews entirely and reduces access to useful information that could inform decisions for consumers. I always thought there was some mutual back-scratching and blowing of sunshine up each other's ****s going on, which is inevitable in a greed-driven society, but I had no idea it was that bad. Are there no reviewers out there with a conscience who would buck the trend? I know Paul Rigby reviewed the early EWA cables (LS-5, LS-25, MC-5).

Better off reading the comments posted here by folk who have tried it than some verbiage from a mag. reviewer with their own agenda. Or try it yourself with a money back guarantee.

And Clive Meakin also did but it did I believe cause them bother with editors.
I reminds me of the early 1980s with the world of Hi-fi was governed by Linn and Naim and guess what we never learn, sad aint it.

It’s well known that AV Show Reports are paid for their so called “reviews”. They even have their “Best of Show” certificates printed in advance of even arriving at the shows they visit. Fake news is nothing new in the hi fi industry. It’s utterly contemptible.

After being given the opportunity to demo the cables the other week I’ve finally had time to try and put together my thoughts on them in my system and room.

I have to agree with most of what has been said in earlier posts.

The highs are superb, extremely clear without any brightness whatsoever and they are the best I’ve heard up to now, as are the mids and lower level bass, the only thing bothered me was in the mid bass which I struggled to get along with on some tracks although not all.

I’ve changed my set up since the demo and have a feeling I might not get the same issue again so would probably benefit from listening to them again at some point although I’m hopefully down for an ls80 demo and have a feeling that things might get expensive...

Better off reading the comments posted here by folk who have tried it than some verbiage from a mag. reviewer with their own agenda. Or try it yourself with a money back guarantee.

I did and I am a proud owner of MC-5, MCS-5, IC-25 and LS-80!

@OldSkool @ABCaudio

I'm in possession of the cables :), I must say they do look very nice in their jackets. Only 3 of the purple onion sacks that sit on the cable ends for protection in the box.

Going to listen to some stuff on my old LS25s before putting them in tonight.

Many thanks to Alan for setting up this tour. Looking forward to hearing them.

Disco

After being given the opportunity to demo the cables the other week I’ve finally had time to try and put together my thoughts on them in my system and room.

I have to agree with most of what has been said in earlier posts.

The highs are superb, extremely clear without any brightness whatsoever and they are the best I’ve heard up to now, as are the mids and lower level bass, the only thing bothered me was in the mid bass which I struggled to get along with on some tracks although not all.

I’ve changed my set up since the demo and have a feeling I might not get the same issue again so would probably benefit from listening to them again at some point although I’m hopefully down for an ls80 demo and have a feeling that things might get expensive...

Yay! We are all not going mad.......

I want to hear the ls80s please put me down for that demo.

Very nice cables Colin and Alan, to my ears better than ls25 right across the board. in a nutshell more relaxed, more transparent, more organic.

I immediately noticed more attack on any drum work, clearer extended highs and better bass definition. Whoever said they just let the music flow I can agree with that. I don't hear any downsides so far. More listening this weekend then swap back....

To my ears a significant improvement , as a caveat to that my wife tells me she cannot hear what I describe but she does not listen critically , she will freely admit the system is way better than 2 years ago but individual changes she rarely gets (apart from adding the subwoofer) She was down for a good 5 albums yesterday evening and very obviously enjoying them all.....

I want to hear the ls80s please put me down for that demo.

To my ears a significant improvement , as a caveat to that my wife tells me she cannot hear what I describe but she does not listen critically , she will freely admit the system is way better than 2 years ago but individual changes she rarely gets (apart from adding the subwoofer) She was down for a good 5 albums yesterday evening and very obviously enjoying them all.....

My wife noticed the difference straight away (LS25 to 40) :D

And their review of a speaker cable that is way outside my affordability criteria. @ABCaudio would it be worth sending them a review pair?

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazi..._Audio_Fidelium_Loudspeaker_Cables_Review.htm
"these are the most accurate, authentic, and most honest sounding loudspeaker cables I've ever heard, regardless of price!"

I've been following reviews of these Silversmith cables on us Audiogon site. They are also being very well received by audiophiles , these cables are pretty much the same price as LS 40s if you do the dollar conversion. They are comparing very favourably to stuff over 10 times that price in that review.

I'm never going to pay $10k for any cables but I would stretch to around £1k if I could hear the benefit in my system (total investment about £14k and a good chunk of that 2nd hand).

Here is my system it's 2.1 streaming all digital.

Lyngdorf TDAI 3400
Jern 14 EH and a single REL Stentor III
Apple TV 4th gen
Isotek sigmas gen 2 which is heavily tweaked.
Etherregen Ethernet switch tweaked and reclocked by a 4g mast OXCO recycled by a Chinese radio ham.
A tweaked Cisco 2960 switch before that
Linear power supplies on the Etherregen and the 10mhz clock
Black ravioli pads various versions
Stillpoints ultra ss and minis
Audio exklusive dCd bases
Gaia III footers
An assortment of power cords but mostly DIY oyaide black mamba with oyaide IECs and Furutech plugs
A fair few fancy fuses lots of fo.q damping tape.
Other esoteric tweaks.

I stream upnp qobuz for Hi rez from my mobile and Spotify connect and YouTube. That's it.

advertisement

Back