advertisement

Is this for real?

'When you connect your system to one of our groundboxes you offer this high frequence stay voltages a ground point where they can find peace instead of flowing arround in the system.'

It's worth all that money just to give those voltages some peace. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night worrying about them flowing all about the system, the poor wee mites.

'When you connect your system to one of our groundboxes you offer this high frequence stay voltages a ground point where they can find peace instead of flowing arround in the system.'

It's worth all that money just to give those voltages some peace. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night worrying about them flowing all about the system, the poor wee mites.

This seems a bit elitist. What about the low frequence stay voltages? What do I have to buy to sort them out?

Has anyone buried a box and asked a water diviner to find it? No I suppose not:)

This is yet another topic that comes up regularly, here & elsewhere. Usual opinions from "oohh, you must try this and buy immediately" to "complete & utter tosh".

Seems like nonsense to me, but if people want to buy it, then that's fine with me, Those sales will provide jobs for people. HiFi forums seem to attract many who seem to only want to 'save' people from 'rip offs' and tell people how to spend their own money. I've met quite a few hifi enthusiasts and, in general, they're a welll educated, intelligent bunch. All quite capable of making their own decisions on how to spend their own hard earned.

Would I buy these devices? No.

Seems like nonsense to me, but if people want to buy it, then that's fine with me, Those sales will provide jobs for people.

I guess, but it's a shame that the money doesn't go to nobler efforts like (off the top of my head) animal rescues/workers, environmental causes/workers, education/teachers. Instead it goes to people who invent bullshit and the people that sell it.

Lol, I just re-read that link to their advert in the first post. They're making a massive mark up on the products, but can't even be bothered to check their punctuation or spelling. :rolleyes:

o.k. I'm a grammar Nazi. So, sue me.

Well then, ok doesn’t need points. O and K are not an abbreviation of anything. At a push you could put ok. As the original expression was written as okay. You’re getting into common parlance there though :)

Where's the harm init? This:
The hi-fi world seems to need a constant supply of new reassuringly expensive BS to believe in.

The sad thing is not that some super rich ‘audiophiles’ buy these things - after all, they can afford it - it’s that less well-heeled people sometimes get hooked into it and spend money on it to the detriment of themselves and their family’s lives.

This is yet another topic that comes up regularly, here & elsewhere. Usual opinions from "oohh, you must try this and buy immediately" to "complete & utter tosh".

Seems like nonsense to me, but if people want to buy it, then that's fine with me, Those sales will provide jobs for people. HiFi forums seem to attract many who seem to only want to 'save' people from 'rip offs' and tell people how to spend their own money. I've met quite a few hifi enthusiasts and, in general, they're a welll educated, intelligent bunch. All quite capable of making their own decisions on how to spend their own hard earned.
Some years ago a couple of guys in a white van called at my grandmother's house and told her that they were doing work at a neighbour's house and noticed a problem on her roof. They could sort it out for £400. Special deal. She handed over the £400. I suppose you are OK with this? After all it employed the guys, and she could raise £400. I regard this as a similar scam.

Has anyone buried a box and asked a water diviner to find it? No I suppose not:)

Contract locate companies (paid to find undeground assets like pipes and cables) will carry many expensive and complex instruments, however some will ultimately fall back on a set of divining rods when all else fails.

When I worked for a nuclear power station operator, there was a computer engineer working on the main computer system (that had many metres of wired backplane) that would use divining rods to find faults.

There are stranger things out there than divining rods ... earthing boxes for HiFi for example ...

Last edited:
...and judging by the pictures they are ‘open source’ now too, e.g. a couple of bits of stripped 2.5mm twin & earth copper wire, a 4mm socket and I can turn the cat’s litter tray into one.

But would the addition of cat pee or poop improve or degrade the sound.

Discuss, including observations as to whether the cat providing the pee/poop is a pedigree Burmese or Siamese, or a fluffy cuddly moggie, and whether pee/poop quality has an impact upon the sound.

Last edited:
Check out the OED which, after all, is the accepted authority in written/spoken English. Trouble is Americanisms creep in and hey! What do they know?

advertisement

Back