advertisement

Vaccine recipients....

Pfizer no2 at midday Saturday, a broken nights sleep and a bit of a sore arm today, on the plus side, was up early and have some lamb stew on for tea.

Had my first Pfizer shot yesterday at 9am.... I now feel like I’ve been in a cement mixer !!

Not much is getting done today.

Had my first AZ jab yesterday lunchtime: Restless night, headache, tired & lethargic, abdominal pain. It’ll pass soon I’m sure and it’s the perfect excuse for not mowing my jungle of a lawn today. Silver linings and all that.

Now about 65 hours since second AZ jab. Arm is considerably more sore than with first jab.. but only if pressed. I couldn't even find the site of the first jab.
As reported above I had a restless night.. but no chills after second jab. Now I am feeling unreasonably tired and have..rarely for me.. taken a couple of paracetamol. A minor inconvenience and certainly worth it to get some protection from the horrors of Covid. I know four younger people who have had it. All in mid 30s. They all reported that it was MUCH worse than any flu or cold they'd ever had.

Thanks to my neurologist, I had my first shot this morning at 10 am. Sore arm at 9 pm. Pfizer vaccine – for him, AZ was not an option.
Happy to be protected, finally.

My wife had her first shot three weeks after I had mine. She had her second shot last week but I'm still waiting for mine :(

Who's had it and who's reacted?

Had mine on Saturday and its absolutely floored me..

Never expected the reaction to be this bad... I've never in my life felt this rough and I genuinely feel like I've been run over...

My back, shoulders, neck and ankles feel like they've been massaged with a lump hammer...

I've come back from powerlifting comps having bust myself in the process and never felt this achy :D

Yes. Uncontrolled shivering for 2-3 hours about 12 hours receiving the jab and an achy arm for about a week.

Mrs Seeker - headache, nausea, fatigue for 36 hours after the jab.

Seeker's mum - no effect at all.

Yes. Uncontrolled shivering for 2-3 hours about 12 hours receiving the jab and an achy arm for about a week.

Mrs Seeker - headache, nausea, fatigue for 36 hours after the jab.

Seeker's mum - no effect at all.

My left delt where I had the job is swollen to buggery. Looks like I've been over training that one muscle group haha :D

I'm blowing hot & cold, but it's the aching and dizziness that's wiped me out...

Horrendous nights sleep too, think I was hallucinating most of the night :mad:

Awaiting second a week on Friday.
I am hopeful that this goes just like the first, which was, well, I never felt the needle to zero reaction.
Slight lump in arm for a day, but then I get those daily at work :)

Yes had the first dose but not too bad just aches and pains and quite strong tiredness (did not have 20 minutes!) - sacked the booze off Fri and Sat though.
Had proper flu twice when I was about 10 and at 32...in bed for days;not nice...as SPT says Covid must be awful.

Who's had it and who's reacted?

Had mine on Saturday and its absolutely floored me..

Never expected the reaction to be this bad... I've never in my life felt this rough and I genuinely feel like I've been run over...

My back, shoulders, neck and ankles feel like they've been massaged with a lump hammer...

I've come back from powerlifting comps having bust myself in the process and never felt this achy :D

My wife's been struggling since Friday. She was shivering so much that it was shaking the (heavy) bed on Friday night - alternating paracetemol and ibuprofen. It seems to have a sharp bite that's for sure. I had Pfizer and felt sick for 12 hours or so, a very sore arm for a coulpe of days and fatigued for a week or so but nothing like this.

I had covid fairly badly early in January, didn't go to hospital but really should have, and now have long covid. 2 weeks feeling more ill than I ever have, lost 7 kilos (I'm usually 85) and the fear of passing it on to my asthmatic daughter was immense. I still struggle to do anything some days, am working hard to rebuild muscle and get my lungs to work properly - at its worst I couldn't walk the 10m to the bathroom without sitting down for a rest on the way. Now on a good day I can do a mile as long as its on the flat, and on a bad day 200m can be a struggle.
I had my AZ jab about 6 weeks ago and 24 hours later was right back there for 2 days. Not nice, especially as there were no warnings that this might happen, but I know what to expect next time.

I had the first AZ in February with little to write about, maybe a little headache. I've had worse hangovers.
Second due next week.

[Edit] Correction : it was a Pfizer vaccination

Last edited:

advertisement

Back