advertisement

Taylor Swift beats the Beatles er.. how?

You should hear at Mrdogs, quad 989s, open baffle lab12 between speakers, ported lab12 off to the side, it's utterly visceral.

You should hear at Mrdogs, quad 989s, open baffle lab12 between speakers, ported lab12 off to the side, it's utterly visceral.
That’s a setup I would love to hear at full tilt. Subs can really add something special if integrated with a bit of tlc.

That’s a setup I would love to hear at full tilt. Subs can really add something special if integrated with a bit of tlc.

They continue to have had a substantial amount of tlc.
Though you would be surprised how much bass you can extract from Quads if you treat them nicely.

I know of an ex BBC sound man who has a bank of 8 Quad 989's set up in a ring with Meridian amps set for delay on the rears.... love to hear that.

And if one should buy just one or two of her albums - which to go for? I notice she has many double albums on vinyl….

I’d go for 1989 first. Absolute banger.
Then Reputation and Folklore.

I really like Red too but she was a bit more girly pop with a country tinge then. My daughter listens to her a lot so I kind of got into it by osmosis. Taylor, Billie Eilish and Lana Del Rey stand out head and shoulders above everything else she listens to.

World population in 1966: 3,406,418,000

World population in 2022: Exceeded 8,000,000,000

That could have something to do with it?

Yeh, 1989, then Folklore, then Evermore, then reputation for a little more EDM and top it off with Lover if you like perfect pop songs.

Largely irrelevant - it is comparing apples and something far whackier than pears.

Taylor Swift - she could not be more carefully constructed to do what she does unless she was something like a satelite. Mechanical music and presentation - put another penny/dime in the machine.....

Oh dear, Beatles fan shakes fist at the sky.

.sjb

She sold something like 1.7 million vinyls last year, over 900,000 were here latest record. That's 4% of total vinyl sales.

Releasing 5 different vinyl versions of the same album so teenage girls can pin them all to their wall was a good marketing move.

Completely disagree, very talented person, watch the Long Pond docu vid. Fair do if you hate the music but the last 2 LPs are creatively brilliant.
Agreed; the Long Pond Sessions album and documentary are both fantastic and really changed my view on her for the better.

The main thing about the Beatles is more how they pretty much invented the concept of modern pop music almost single-handedly, rather than just how many records they sold.

Reactions: JTC
A forum of grumpy old luddites don't like modern pop star - what a ****ing surprise... not!

I am fine with people not liking her music, but saying her output is cynically manufactured pop is bollocks. Her last three albums especially are all full of extremely well crafted songwriting, a cut way above most pop frankly.

advertisement

Back