advertisement

pray for minneapolis

Guilty of all charges - good.

So now with 3 charges which together/run concurrently carry a maximum of 80 years and sentencing in 8 weeks time, the only possible verdict given the evidence against him but it’s merely the start as to what needs to be done to correct for the failings of the current police system in the states, how this is resolved will rumble on for years and years to come given the powers that the police unions hold.

Perhaps some good finally will come of all this.

Yes, hopefully it will not be seen as sufficient to hand a lengthy custodial sentence to Chauvin, and will also add impetus to reforms of the criminal justice system.
I think George Floyd's death has already played a part in removing Trump from the Whitehouse and the GOP from control of the Senate, so some good has already come of his awful death. However I agree that there is still a huge amount of work ahead before we get to the day where criminal justice is color blind.

I genuinely believe the DC felt immune, wearing his badge. Maybe some still hide behind their badge.

I really hope this verdict brings constructive change.

Hopefully a watershed moment heralding humane policing and better race relations.

I wouldn't hold my breath, only seven police officers have been convicted of murder in America since 2005 a one in 2000 chance of conviction apparently

......................I was not there, unlike several people here. it appears.

Was he panicked, was he fearful? I don not know. Is he a racist? I do not know. Is he just hugely gung-ho? I do not know. Does he give a sh1t about anyone else in this world? I do not know.

I do not know and NOTHING anywhere, except being in the actual courtroom, would let me judge all of that.

I wish that everyone in this world did not jump to wild conclusions based on diddley-squat apart from tabloid headlines and internet babble.
You seem to be desperate to find an excuse for the policeman.

advertisement

Back