advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Nima really is a stunning arm on the LP12, not regretting that choice on my new deck!

First time I heard a Nima'd LP12 was round at Lefty's gaff some years ago - there was something so 'right' about its musical presentation that stuck with me for a long time. My current LP12 was originally built up by Peter at Cymbiosis (ie it was done properly) with an Ittok - of course this is a classic combo - but something didn't sit quite right for me. On Peter's recommendation, we moved onto the Nima. It doesn't hit as hard, but as a device from playing a much wider palette of music choice, it really is a lovely thing, and works so well on the old Fruitbox.

Within a month or so I had the Kore conversion done, along with the Herc II and from that point it has remained as-is. A new cartridge will be needed soon, but it'll take a lot of persuasion to move onto anything but another Hana.

Okay, it’s time for an updated system pic!

mxvDWBr.jpg

Looking fabulous - and whilst there's a hell of a lot of gear there, it looks quite discreet.

Hope you're keeping well. :)

Looking fabulous - and whilst there's a hell of a lot of gear there, it looks quite discreet.

Thank you, it’s a dedicated listening space, but I still like to keep it looking as tidy and presentable as possible.
Your system always looks (and sounds) on point... it was your fluted deck with the Nima that inspired this one, it looks fabulous.

First time I heard a Nima'd LP12 was round at Lefty's gaff some years ago - there was something so 'right' about its musical presentation that stuck with me for a long time. My current LP12 was originally built up by Peter at Cymbiosis (ie it was done properly) with an Ittok - of course this is a classic combo - but something didn't sit quite right for me. On Peter's recommendation, we moved onto the Nima. It doesn't hit as hard, but as a device from playing a much wider palette of music choice, it really is a lovely thing, and works so well on the old Fruitbox.

Within a month or so I had the Kore conversion done, along with the Herc II and from that point it has remained as-is. A new cartridge will be needed soon, but it'll take a lot of persuasion to move onto anything but another Hana.

What: not even a Karousel? ;)

Here goes my first system pics post... hope the images don’t fill up the screen!

Clearer Audio cables (mostly!)

https://postimg.cc/9rNMR1zy

N
otts Ace Space [12” Arm with AN IQ3, 9” with AT VM95-ML]
Audion Duo with WE300B (1995) and Amperex 6922 (c.1960)
Audion Premier MM with Amperex 7308 gold pins
Audio Note Dac 2.1x
Marantz Blu-ray player of some description as a gap filler while I source a transport!

Listening seat with less than ideal sofa!

Speaker and power cables running under the suspended floor

C
at tree :)

Hows the Dac?

I am not sure 'discreet' is a word that springs to mind :) ... but as it is a dedicated room it doesn't really matter.

I am not sure 'discreet' is a word that springs to mind :) ... but as it is a dedicated room it doesn't really matter.
Compare it to a hifi 'trophy room' and it's more subtle. E.g.:

pVeUnmKm7iJ5LuOjksKCG36hh8b10zgc4v6_PX0B470-WetUfUprAcc_A2bLdhG0SCoFVWeBwZZmzTlM8xND71XP

(^^^ not mine)

But yeah, even in those cabinets it's a bit imposing compared to an integrated, TT and DAC sitting on a sideboard.

Last edited:
Well worked out speaker stand set up Hecky.... Ikea board ?. Your move btw.

Yep, Target R1 stands on IKEA boards with Townshend bars underneath. I was surprised how much of a positive difference the speaker stands and isolation made. The EWA LS-80 speaker cables help too ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back