advertisement

Tannoy DMT10

eevo1969

pfm Member
This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Yeah I've had 10's and 12's, and the 10's are easier to accommodate in a domestic environment and like the 12's they sound great.

Begs the question though; why did he need to replace one of the backs?! They're not removable in normal circumstances so presume one suffered an accident, so would certainly expect that to affect value.

Yeah, well I'm now considering picking up some 12's :( I know I've got too much hardware already.... At least the cleaner finally turned up and I can get my Adcoms back to immaculate... but these Tannoys speak to me for some reason.

I'm not sure he means the back of the cabinet as he says it should last a while which doesn't make any sense. I'm not sure what he could be referring to though.

I'm not sure he means the back of the cabinet as he says it should last a while which doesn't make any sense. I'm not sure what he could be referring to though.
The pics seem to show one rear panel finished in grey (original) and one that's black (not original) - unless it's just the shadow making it look that way, which it might be. It's all a bit mysterious :)

Last edited:
I suspect he just means he’s replaced the plastic speaker connection bay, I guess with original parts, I can’t see any pictures that show a different back panel to the cab. I’d clarify before taking a punt though! They look nice and tidy given the nextel/structure-coat finish which can look really ugly if worn.

I asked and he replied: I just replaced the connector on the back for the speaker cables with the connections from another tannoy cross over as they broke off whilst moving. The components on the back of the speaker are all original just the connector itself has been replaced.

So nothing structural and no big deal really.

advertisement

Back