advertisement

The John Westlake/Lakewest MDAC/FDAC, VFET and Detox

Hi, to anyone here not on the LakeWest Facebook Group, John was asking whomever is not already on the most recent FB MDAC2 list and still wanting the MDAC2 to let him know.

I’m just a messenger relaying what I’ve read on that Group... assume you could email him if reluctant to get on FB...

At the time I made my payments totalling £500 the idea was that I could have a dac with cd drawer I.e. a CD player. I did not want anything else after waiting a couple of years I had to buy a new CD player as my old one packed up. So I no longer require anything from John and in any case want I signed up for is no longer being made.
I feel cheated as no refund will be forthcoming and what is being built now is not what I require.

Update yesterday from Lakewest Audio:

MDAC 2 Options :-
Custom Chassis with internal HQ PSU
Detox (if you sponsored the Detox you have the option for internal Detox)
Balanced AV bypass (XLR to RCA converters can be supplied for single-ened AV- bypass input)
Fusion resistor upgrade (Vishey Bulk foil resistors used in key circuit positions)
Advanced clock option 1 - adds Advanced clock-locking features for Slave / Master DAC operation + Double compensated Ovenised Reference clock. Advanced Jitter reduction for SPDIF input etc.
Advanced clock option 2 - addeds to advanced clock option 1 with Self calibrating Reference clock - for lab / studio applications. Can be used as a programmable Reference frequency standard.
ADC and Streamer option available after VFET / FDAC for Custom chassis units only.
No prices yet for the options.... but whats important is that by adding to the MDAC2 list I secure the IC's used in the DAC array for your unit.

And then a reply to a poster about comparisons:

MDAC2 is a totally different class product to the MDAC+.
The MDAC+ is a "Commercial grade" design - it has nothing to be ashamed off (well I hate its physical proportions / ID design)...
The MDAC2 is the product of many years of R&D, it can never be mass produced (for starters, the IC used in the design are no longer manufactured - its also too complex to test / adjust for MP, I'll be hand selecting components / hand tuning each unit).
As a designer, its not correct for me to compare my designs with others...

I seem to remember that when John did the original Fusion upgrades and was hand tuning/building each one it was taking a at least a week for every unit.

I haven't been here for a long long time and there seems to be some nagging about the coming out if any of an "upgrade" by JW, I'm also one who paid several hundred US dollars to get a position "on the list" and is wondering about what's going on with JW lately.

Seems there's another fund raiser round and Facebook "friends" are falling for it yet another time :eek:
For the victims here, nothing has been communicated for a very long time, nor by personal emails from JohnW.
Best is to accept we've been conned by this guy and write it of...:cool:

Seems there's another fund raiser round and Facebook "friends" are falling for it yet another time :eek:
For the victims here, nothing has been communicated for a very long time, nor by personal emails from JohnW.
Best is to accept we've been conned by this guy and write it of...:cool:
For the sake of clarity no money has been asked for in relation to the latest developments on Facebook.

Does anybody have an email for JW as I don't have a facebook account?

I've not have any luck getting a reply with Renata's email that was used to correspond eons ago.

Last edited:
For me counts the same. I do not have an e-mail of JW and would like to contact him about my choice regarding MDAC2 and perhaps some questions. Thx.

advertisement

Back