advertisement

Favourite forum member name

I always liked the handle of a certain medical professional, now retired from both profession and hi-fi forum scene - Blzebub. From memory, it was given to him by a nurse with whom he worked.
Dont mention his name..... you might freaking summon him and then I'll have to make play with my crucifix err... ignore list.

I like Marchbanks. I don’t know it’s origins, but it sounds like a trusty manservant.
They are shrouded in mystery, and I’ve discovered it’s best not to delve too deeply. But I once asked my mother what became of the bearded butler I remembered from my toddler days, and she fainted clean away. So you might be onto something.

Last edited:
Does his retirement relate to the typical age of such? He came over as much younger to me.
I think he went a bit early - change of location, change of partner, building new life. We still have occasional contact.

I think he went a bit early - change of location, change of partner, building new life. We still have occasional contact.
When people ask me about my (low paid) occupation I tell them, sometimes adding that I used to be a doctor or lawyer, just to freak them out.

Your forum name can change though I’ve not tried a name edit to see if I can do it. (Mods have super powers, but only Tony has super super powers.)

As a test, does anyone want to volunteer to be Farty McFartface? I’ll change it back. Honest.

Joe
Hmm. Many years ago, before internet handles, I was known as “farty blast arse”. Not appropriate these days because, as Billy Connolly pointed out, after forty every fart is an experiment, and after sixty... let’s just say that I am no longer jet propelled on a bicycle!

I was always told it was the name of your first pet and then your mother’s maiden name - mine would be Andrew Gray which is upsettingly dull.
The plumber who turns up on time to the house of a housewife, fixes the leak in the sink, applies descaler to the boiler and then leaves having tidied up and provided a proper VAT receipt.

They are shrouded in mystery, and I’ve discovered it’s best not to delve too deeply. But I once asked my mother what became of the bearded butler I remembered from my toddler days, and she fainted clean away. So you might be onto something.

Of course, it should be spelt Majoribanks, as James, Durmbo and Rico should know.

Of course, it should be spelt Majoribanks, as James, Durmbo and Rico should know.
I used to have a friend who lived on the street. I thought he'd made a typo when he gave me his address. I spelled it with an r in my address book, until I saw the street sign and realized horribly wrong I'd been.

Every time I see your name I think it’s that Eastenders man .

Never heard of him; same spelling? There are 4 'Reeds' in the U.K. Mine (English), Read (Welsh), Reid (Scottish) and Reade (Irish).Think that's right but obv., original derivations rather than current dispersal.

Perhaps we should open it for suggestions..

I think that's suggestive and I dread to think of the consequences from the creative bunch here. Your pseudonym had me fooled until this thread; I just thought it was a piece of beautiful upper-class transvestite prose. There's a Miss ariel who isn't, e.g. Innovative thread for a laugh and discovery, this.:D

advertisement

Back