advertisement

Favourite forum member name

I think my forum name is excellent but you have to know your Buffy the Vampire Slayer to "get it":

https://www.douxreviews.com/2002/01/buffy-crush.html

It's the dismissive name Harmony, the airhead vampire, gives to Drusilla, the love of Spike's life for 200 years.

I did not know that, because I've only ever seen half of one episode of Buffy.

But reading your posts I still see you as a bloke with wild hair and several days' worth of beard, even though I know that your avatar picture isn't you.

I've always read it it as 'fox is well sly', because foxes are proverbially sly.
Me too. Could be a total projekshun though. On the subject of avatars- they have the greater influence on my perception of folk and when they change them, I get confused easily.

Most quietly sinister avatar nomination goes to Seanm.

I think my forum name is excellent but you have to know your Buffy the Vampire Slayer to "get it":

https://www.douxreviews.com/2002/01/buffy-crush.html

It's the dismissive name Harmony, the airhead vampire, gives to Drusilla, the love of Spike's life for 200 years.

If I had to vote for somebody else, Helen Bach would definitely be in the running.
Ah, always liked your username despite not having got it (not watched Buffy, my loss, I know). I’d thought it might have some sort of Clockwork Orange motif going on.

Helen Bach is probably the one I wished I’d thought of, in the gender bending username stakes, but I’m quietly gratified that mine has slipped under some people’s radar :).

I always read foxwelljsly as ‘foxwell, jealously’.

I do find myself intrigued by many usernames, and how their owners chose them, so I’m enjoying this thread, thanks Marchbanks (which, coupled with the whole persona that goes with it, is another of my favourites).

mine are the names of two long gone sibling cats, who were in turn named after a beverage.

I don't know about anyone else, but I only ever skim read at least first read through, and less than that for the member's names. That being so, I know that how I remember names in many cases has nothing to do with how their name is spelt - for me foxwelljsly, will always be fox-welly-fish.
The same goes for me with ff1d1dl (I had to check that) who is fiddle-diddle to me.

Got it wrong again - it’s ff1d1l. My apologies, fiddle.

Last edited:
I assumed he was a she for many years.

Or a welsh person?

No idea.

I can’t identify any pun either.

Read it like Super Tweeter :D

I like Cav because of the Avatar/Picture, I tend to imagine the picture projects the personality of the person.

But then again there are many who have no picture, so maybe I am wrong :eek:

Mine was my works number for nearly 30 years. Figured I’d remember that long after I’d forgotten my real name since I had to enter it into a computer dozens of times a day...

Because of the teaching thing, I think of yours as being an abbreviation of 'Key Stages 2, 3 and 4'. (Are there still such things as Key Stages?)
I’m slightly embarrassed to say I’d genuinely never considered that! Which is more than a bit odd bearing in mind how much of my life has been dominated by KS’s 3 and 4. (2 is Primary)

I always liked the handle of a certain medical professional, now retired from both profession and hi-fi forum scene - Blzebub. From memory, it was given to him by a nurse with whom he worked.

Read it like Super Tweeter :D

I like Cav because of the Avatar/Picture, I tend to imagine the picture projects the personality of the person.

But then again there are many who have no picture, so maybe I am wrong :eek:

Soo high it goes over my head.

I preferred it when I had no idea.

advertisement

Back