advertisement

Prince Philip RIP

FFS, turn the to55ing idiot box off and do something constructive instead. There a million things worth doing instead, I painted a garage floor when Diana died and mowed the lawn and serviced my bike for a ride today. Managed not to see any TV. Read a couple of articles about his early interesting life over brekky this morning and that will do me.

FFS, turn the to55ing idiot box off and do something constructive instead. There a million things worth doing instead, I painted a garage floor when Diana died and mowed the lawn and serviced my bike for a ride today. Managed not to see any TV. Read a couple of articles about his early interesting life over brekky this morning and that will do me.
Bit of a contradiction here don’t you think. If you think it’s an idiot box why do you watch it? And if you don’t, how do you know it’s an idiot box?

Wall to wall Prince Philip broadcasting won't last forever.

It's a shame we can't say the same about wall to wall Cardashhians and fake, surgically enhanced, reality stars.
Goodness me! I don’t think I’ve ever come across a Kardashian on my BBC viewing. Come to think of it, I don’t Monty Don qualifies as a surgically enhanced reality star.

Goodness me! I don’t think I’ve ever come across a Kardashian on my BBC viewing. Come to think of it, I don’t Monty Don qualifies as a surgically enhanced reality star.

To be fair, the Masterchef final was meant to be on last night, and Greg Wallace has deffo had work done.

mid week we decided to buy a newspaper for this weekend, first time for over a year now, not gonna bother now.

There was 24 pages of coverage in the ‘I’ today. A bit much but I did find his back story quite interesting, certainly had a difficult start in life despite having some excellent connections.

I read some bio of D of E personal life. Grief!....That was a pretty bad start to life!... remarkable to then go on and get to marry the Queen-in-waiting after that start. Obvs had some help from an opportunity spotting Uncle - but if he had been a waster then the Uncle would not have picked up on him. So clearly he had something.... I suppose making Head Boy at Gordonstoun, after having arrived as a young chap with no settled home or family was an indication that he was made of something special.

I don't know where to start with that comment.

Just something that struck me as I was listening to the endless hagiographic coverage, how Mountbatten engineered the meeting of them at the Captain’s House at Dartmouth Naval College when they were those ages, and then subsequently encouraged them to correspond.

Think how that would be viewed these days if it was conducted over, for instance, WhatsApp or similar. Seems pretty seedy from a modern day point of view.

So clearly he had something.... I suppose making Head Boy at Gordonstoun, after having arrived as a young chap with no settled home or family was an indication that he was made of something special.

FFS - the 'poor wee chap' was connected by blood to the crown heads of Europe - hardly some hapless soul landing on the beach at Dover in a makeshift dingy...

advertisement

Back