advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to wonder if this vaccines side effects are having strange side effects on people's grip on reality, seems to have massively increased the doubts in people's thoughts. The main worry I have is the amount of people wishing to go on a foreign holiday. Looking forward to finding out which countries are classed as safe , and how long it takes for them to be classed as not safe after big numbers of people visit them and take a dose with them and others fetch it home with them.

Exactly...

Where's Hancock when you need him :D, the only trustworthy member of parliament left. Miss his grins and smiles as he gave us the death numbers.

Starting to wonder if this vaccines side effects are having strange side effects on people's grip on reality, seems to have massively increased the doubts in people's thoughts. The main worry I have is the amount of people wishing to go on a foreign holiday. Looking forward to finding out which countries are classed as safe , and how long it takes for them to be classed as not safe after big numbers of people visit them and take a dose with them and others fetch it home with them.

I'm hearing Brazil is brilliant at this time, you should seriously think about going there:)

P1 is here precisely because of the policy that is being pursued in Brazil, unfortunately I don't think it's true that the vaccines 'work'. I read that efficacy is seriously reduced to around 30% to P1, which would likely be insufficient to halt the spread, as far as I understand it.
Hadn’t heard that. Not great, obviously, but following today’s events it’s frankly no longer the main concern:

https://www.businessinsider.in/ente...opulation-resurfaces/articleshow/81992882.cms

It’s not news that tens of thousands died unnecessarily because the government didn’t want to piss off their backers, but it’s good to have the mechanisms by which that kind of political decision works laid bare:

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/da...ty-scientist-who-advised-pm-against-lockdown/

Gupta and her other "Great Barrington" collaborators will have a lot to answer for when the dust settles. Maybe a class action suit to flush out their real motivations assuming such a suit is even possible?

The virus turns right when it boards does it?

It's moronic isn't it that people can think like this. I've sort of given up as people are just a danger to themselves. Looking after me and my family for the moment, it's everyone for themselves frankly given the level of stupid thinking out there right now. The company I do the majority of my work for told me this week they are keen for us to get back to visiting clients, we have no need to do that and can do our job quite happily from home... so I told them I'm either working from home or I'm done! Thus far they haven't responded. :D

People complaining about online training, not because it does not work, but because they want to go back to the 5* hotel holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back