advertisement

Vaccine recipients....

My first jab was late Jan and everyone was expected to sit for 15 mins. We had stickies with our jab time on it and a lady wandered around and released us after allotted time. Maybe it’s slacker now? Find out on Wednesday when off for second dose. The conspiracy side of me wondered if I got a placebo as I didn’t even have a sore arm :) Pfizer BTW...

I was told to wait 5 minutes on a chair if walking or if driving 15 minutes required which I waited for , however quite a lot of people walked straight out and they did not enforce the waiting time

I was told to wait 5 minutes on a chair if walking or if driving 15 minutes required which I waited for , however quite a lot of people walked straight out and they did not enforce the waiting time
Sunderland Nissan was 5mins if driven home by someone else or 15 mins self drive.

If people are told/asked to wait & they choose not then that is 100% on them. Personal responsibility is a good thing & should be encouraged.

just back from BioNTech Jab2. Fine and Dandy. I did note that we oldies were alongside another queue for OxfordAstra......looked like 30's/ 40's persons (this in Scotland) . We were asked to sit 15mins after the jab as before, but the OxfordA lot walked straight out. Don't know why.

I had my AZ jab last week and, as I'd parked my car 15 minutes walk away, the nurse who administered it was fine with me leaving as soon as I'd had the jab. I was asked to wait or even advised to wait - just not to drive for 15 minutes.

I was expecting to get my 2nd jab Saturday but just had a phone call saying it will have to be put back until the 17th - reason no vaccine.

It's finally starting to get to us here in Massachusetts. My wife (late 50s) has an appointment on Saturday (20 miles away at the New England Patriots football stadium - which is a mass vax site). On April 19th I will be eligible (early 50s), and hope to get my first shot within a couple of weeks of that.

I can't adequately express how grateful I am for modern medical science, the vaccine scientists, chemists and industrial engineers who have not only created the vaccines, but produced hundreds of millions of doses, in just over a year. I am also hoping we keep the "pedal to the metal" and fund and produce billions of doses so that everyone can be vaccinated as soon as possible.

If people are told/asked to wait & they choose not then that is 100% on them. Personal responsibility is a good thing & should be encouraged.

Not if they run someone over on the way home. Way back in the day I was at a blood donation drive at work (BT Martlesham). The nurses were very insistent we stay for tea and biscuits and an optional lie down. One manager insisted he didn't have the time and shot out of the door ..... only to be helped back in 5 minutes later for a lengthy lie down as he'd passed out less than 50 yards from the door.

Not if they run someone over on the way home. Way back in the day I was at a blood donation drive at work (BT Martlesham). The nurses were very insistent we stay for tea and biscuits and an optional lie down. One manager insisted he didn't have the time and shot out of the door ..... only to be helped back in 5 minutes later for a lengthy lie down as he'd passed out less than 50 yards from the door.
It is still on them, you cannot blame the staff if people don’t follow the medical advice. Blood donation is different in terms of volume of patients.

advertisement

Back