advertisement

Domestic vaccine passports

Would you support domestic vaccine passports?

• Yes

Votes: 48 46.6%
  • No

Votes: 45 43.7%
  • Not sure

Votes: 10 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
a marker on the first line isn't indicative of a positive test tho, need both to show pink/red or it's a void test

No, I mean you can see the line show up with a negative test result fairly quickly. All that seems to happen the longer you wait is the line gets more pronounced.

The lateral flow test is a lot quicker than that. I had one done a couple of weeks ago and I’d guess it took 5-10 minutes. Still impractical for a pub.

It definitely should be 30, unless there's various makes of tests with different timings? the most I've taken in a day is 4 and all of them made me wait the full 30.

It definitely should be 30, unless there's various makes of tests with different timings? the most I've taken in a day is 4 and all of them made me wait the full 30.

I had two tests, a lateral flow (swab in nose), and a lab test (two swabs nose and throat). This was done in a hospital, so I assume they knew what they were doing.

I had two tests, a lateral flow (swab in nose), and a lab test (two swabs nose and throat). This was done in a hospital, so I assume they knew what they were doing.

According to the official NHS guide for healthcare staff it's 30 minutes.

Too posh for Wetherspoons? I bet you ain't.
I didn't say I was. Actually I don't drink, so pretty irrelevant.
The meme inferred that money would get you access, and extrapolating that, the Lord Mullet is interested in little else and has no principles. Which, on his gammon brexshit record I'm very happy to publicise and reinforce.
Nice toilets if you're caught short around town, Wetherspoons, and of course you're giving that little bit towards future profits when you use them.

It’s not perfect but the reality is, if you want to travel and do stuff like theatres, music, restaurants, pubs etc, you’ll need to prove you’ve been vaccinated. Not just in the UK but other countries as well. Entirely your choice.

Or have had a recent negative test, or be exempt from vaccination.

Great to see my thread spark such a great debate. Forum members seem to be largely 50/50 on this issue as I suspected.

Those that are prepared to contribute...

I watched the press briefing last night. The interesting thing for me is that most locations they suggest needing vaccination 'proof' or exemption for are venues subject to a condition of entry, anyway. Most venues are 'private', and they usually have terms and conditions of entry anyway. A football stadium, (for a show for example) is a public place for various laws, but a condition of entry is you can be required to be searched and also its very likely your ticket will have your name on it to prevent forgery. The cricket at Trent Bridge is an example of this. I go several times a year usually. Whether a season ticket holder or not, the ticket has a barcode on it, that links to your registered details.

Its my choice whether to go to the event. If I do, then I have to rightly comply with the event organisers conditions.

'On licence' premises (pubs) are different in this regard, as they do not have similar conditions of entry.

Finally, my view is your personal data is yours, and is very important. Its should be protected appropriately and its use for anything should be made abundantly clear, including the reasons for its use.

They are still private properties, and the owners can impose whatever (non-discriminatory) conditions they want. Dress codes are a fairly common example of such.

My point is you don’t usually need a ticket to get in. A condition of entry to a pub isn’t to provide your personal details, usually.

My point is you don’t usually need a ticket to get in. A condition of entry to a pub isn’t to provide your personal details, usually.
Recently, we have been required to give our details for T&T. It is only a small step away from passports really.

Public opinion is likely to be all over the place on this one. If these measures are needed to suppress transmission & improve efficacy of track & trace then I don’t have a problem with it.

It is interesting that the criticism of this government has been around their sloppy handling of the pandemic; they now seem to have a better grip on things but are still being panned.

Get panned when you are not up to scratch and panned again when having a better grip on things - can't win with some people, that's "politics" for you. Let's face it there are always some "moaning minnies" in these times as many have little to do.

Get panned when you are not up to scratch and panned again when having a better grip on things - can't win with some people, that's "politics" for you. Let's face it there are always some "moaning minnies" in these times as many have little to do.
I wouldn’t go that far.

Recently, we have been required to give our details for T&T. It is only a small step away from passports really.

Public opinion is likely to be all over the place on this one. If these measures are needed to suppress transmission & improve efficacy of track & trace then I don’t have a problem with it.

It is interesting that the criticism of this government has been around their sloppy handling of the pandemic; they now seem to have a better grip on things but are still being panned.
I think there’s also criticism, and mistrust, in respect of the government’s attitude to privacy and personal data. See, for example, the fuss over Palantir and the NHS. So we do need to keep their feet to the fire in respect of making sure they don’t play fast and loose with the data. Best done by not giving them the data if this can be achieved by other means. IMHO. For example, using the Apple/Google algorithm for contract tracing, rather than something cobbled together by Dido’s mates.

I think there’s also criticism, and mistrust, in respect of the government’s attitude to privacy and personal data. See, for example, the fuss over Palantir and the NHS. So we do need to keep their feet to the fire in respect of making sure they don’t play fast and loose with the data. Best done by not giving them the data if this can be achieved by other means. IMHO. For example, using the Apple/Google algorithm for contract tracing, rather than something cobbled together by Dido’s mates.
Is this satire, you would prefer Apple/Google to have your personal data? Really? I get the mistrust of Government but at least you can vote them out (theoretically) in 4 years, Google will be monetising & mining your data until you turn up your toes.

I really find it bizarre how we are so fussy about our medical data yet are happy to give up everything else. Sharing medical data can actually make the health system run far smoother & save lives.

The Apple/Google tracing system doesn't transmit any personal data.
What do you mean by transmit?

The wider point is that we cannot assume that Apple/Google won’t use this data or benefit from it in the future. I don’t view either company as more trustworthy than even this government.

advertisement

Back