advertisement

Name a 'beautiful' amplifier.

Rockmeister

pfm Member
Or 'does great design exist in HiFi electronics' ?

Oddballs there have been ...Lecson AC1 anyone?

Glowing glass is nice on a winters eve, but in a beautiful case?

Simplicity comes close but is oh so easy.

Big meters make some horny but great design???

Over to you blokes. Images obviously essential.

sonos-amp-1.jpg

06-sonos-amp.jpg
Sonos Amp.

Last edited:
51071029537_4df5070344_b.jpg

I’m slowly restoring these two little 1950s Leak TL12+ mono amps at present and the more I look at them the more I like their simple honest ‘form dictated by function’ aesthetics. All the parts of a valve amp nicely finished and on show with no frills or bling. The thing the picture may not get across for those unfamiliar with them is they are really quite small and neat, they are only 10” wide.

7297496092_d8563922e2_c.jpg

Beyond that Quad all day long; the 2 series, 3 series and 4 series are all real design classics, as are the ESLs and 63s.

8252520790_be8384e4de_c.jpg

The 306 is now owned by Lordsummit, but this was a great combo (I’ve still got the 34).

Beautiful isn’t a word I’d use in relation to hifi, music yes.
Nice, pretty or even masculine but not beautiful.

I agree with Tony’s Quads and sort of with Darmok’s Radfords (I think the MAs look a bit weird and the STA15 looks far nicer than the 25 by not having the biasing holes in the front. But then I have a 15, so I would say that, wouldn’t I?) I think Coplands are aesthetically pleasing, too. Some of the others posted in this thread are hideous to my eyes. No names, no pack drill...

Olive Naim 52/Supercap/135/135 in a darkened room with the glowing lights on for me.
Tried to find a photo on the web but surprisingly for such a widely known combo couldn’t see one.

advertisement

Back