advertisement

Sticky button on my rega saturn

Neil P

pfm Member
I've got an ex demo Rega Saturn R cd player, and the play button sometimes doesn't register, or rather it seems to stick when pushed. I think there's just a bit of grime between the button and the case. I've had it several years but only used for a few hours, so loath to get it serviced.

Can anyone, especially a Rega rep, confirm if I can use a bit of kitchen roll and isopropyl alcohol to clean between button and case? Any other remedies?

I've had good results using silicone spray on the on/off switch for my Naim NAP 250. Residue cleans off easily with kitchen roll but try on hidden area of the case first.

Small square-ish silver? Had a similar problem with the mute button on my Elicit-R. I think the tolerances are just a wee bit tight. I bought it used so decided to open it up to fix it. I realigned the front panel assembly and that sorted it, eventually. A bit of a palaver but do-able, but then I'm an electronics engineer so used to taking things to bits.

I'd try the IPA or switch cleaner but I'd use a bit of paper rather than kitchen roll. You don't want a bit of tissue stuck in there as well? ;0)

advertisement

Back