advertisement

Elsdon Wonfor Audio LS-40 speaker cables

Latest names added. More welcome!

If anyone wants to try the MCS-5 power cable, IC-25 interconnect (RCA or XLR), EWA USB (90CM), I can arrange that as well.

My only reticence is that the loudspeaker cables are by far - by orders of magnitude - the most dramatic improvement that cables will show. Interconnect, power cables etc. can make profound refinements in the right systems, but it's nothing like as 'in your face' as speaker cables. Just trying to manage expectations a little.

I would like to be added to the list please. I promise not to pinch the cable!
Richard

My set of LS40 arrived today, very happy. Does anyone know if they have a run/burn in period. Time to sit back and enjoy

We do our best to send finished cables out so that they won't change much in use, or at least there for not to be a drastic change. That said, it's consistently reported that sound quality improves further during use, so who are we to argue? At any rate, we allow anyone to return the cables within a month, should they not like the direction of travel.

So at some point this coming month we will prepare a set of LS-80 for demo, but be warned that postage is much more as the box is large and heavy. 3M is perhaps best?

We will also have a mains cable and a USB interconnect, and we will build whatever analogue interconnect seems appropriate.

I’d be up for trying the ls80 cables once I’ve heard the 40s. I’ve been pondering whether to postpone my demo of the 40s as I’ll have my new Tt in a week or so which is a huge upgrade so would be good to get a handle on its sound in my room before the cables arrive. What are your thoughts?

Not gonna change the balance i have right now for anything ..... every aspect of what i hear is perfect.
What I can highly highly highly recommend is a FULL EWA Loom :D

We do our best to send finished cables out so that they won't change much in use, or at least there for not to be a drastic change. That said, it's consistently reported that sound quality improves further during use, so who are we to argue? At any rate, we allow anyone to return the cables within a month, should they not like the direction of travel.

So at some point this coming month we will prepare a set of LS-80 for demo, but be warned that postage is much more as the box is large and heavy. 3M is perhaps best?

We will also have a mains cable and a USB interconnect, and we will build whatever analogue interconnect seems appropriate.

I currently have the demo LS-40 and will post these onto the next person on the list after the weekend.

I do need to make a final assessment - my thoughts currently are that there is a clear SQ improvement from the Witchhat Phantoms I currently run but it's not in the 'OMG' nature of what others have reported. Maybe I lack the 'golden' ears of others.

I am very keen to hear the LS-80s though as I believe these might well give me the sound quality I crave.

Please do put me on the LS-80 demo list!

It may depend on how good your current cables are to start with. For me my speaker cables were obviously way below the performance of LS 40. The witchhats are probably a better start point.
I am quite interested in trying the M50 power amp now

It may depend on how good your current cables are to start with. For me my speaker cables were obviously way below the performance of LS 40. The witchhats are probably a better start point.
I am quite interested in trying the M50 power amp now
Or you could try the q20 amp as an easy and affordable introduction to EWA power amps - I'll be selling mine soon.....

For those who’ve tried both the LS40 and 80s, how significant is the improvement?

I’m very impressed with the sound of the LS40 and it’s a noticeable improvement over the TQ Black II I have.

I may have to order longer lengths to accommodate my new place though, so toying with the idea of upgrading to the 80 while I’m at it, but it is a BIG jump in price too.

advertisement

Back