advertisement

The Wam Show 2021 confirmed

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer par excellence
I know that some on here do not look at other sites but some do so thought I would post this as information and to interest any of those who would like to attend .

Before Covid the Wam Show was a great yearly event the best part being it was real people setting up their real systems no Trade rooms just some general stalls downstairs for accessories , LP's and other such items .

This years was supposed to be in September but there have been complications it has now been announced that there will be a show at the Kegworth Hotel over two days weekend 1 - 3 October . Full details are not being given as with the current fluid situation some things are still to be confirmed . More details should be given on 1 st of May .

A spreadsheet for those wanting to take part with a room will be available probably in the next couple of weeks but there may well be few spaces as most that signed up for the 2019 show have just rolled things over .

I will be taking a room for my three way active speaker system which will have three NVA power amplifiers used . Will let everyone know my room number when I can and if anyone does decide to visit please call in say hello have a listen and let me know honestly what you think good or bad I will try not to get too upset .

I have decided that I will add a CD Transport to the boxes which normally I do not use but it will help for those that want to bring their own music to have a listen which I would encourage . The shows in the past have been some of the best times I have spent over the last few years and given the none year we had last year and lack contact with the small number of people who enjoy music the way we do I would encourage anyone to consider this year and make the effort .

Good news. It'll never be Scalford, but still better than any trade show could ever be. I just hope it can go ahead.

Good news. It'll never be Scalford, but still better than any trade show could ever be. I just hope it can go ahead.
I wouldn’t class it as a trade show ,It’s largely made up of Hifi enthusiasts showing off their kit FOC but paying for the bedroom hire ..Still a good show
Cranage is a trade show !

What with Retrotech on the 26th Sept and The Wam show the following weekend looks like a good time on the horizon. It just takes Tonbridge to be on just after and we'll have the full set.
Not sure if the ladies will be too happy, "I've made Sunday lunch for you and the dog's had it three weeks running".

I've been to every show bar one, it's a fantastic show for enthusiasts run by enthusiasts and there's usually contributors from across different forums. It's a chance to hear systems you'd never hear at a commercial show. If you don't fancy it then don't go, but don't let a negative comment put you off.

Cheers BB

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great news. I've enjoyed the shows both as exhibitor and visitor so will definitely maker the effort to attend.

Good luck with getting it all sorted.

Alas, Scalford was my distance limit and Kegworth is further; my limit has decreased since those three Scalford shows. might join a local Wam taxi though, if offered at the time.

I loved the Scalford shows. I exhibited twice and propped up the bar on several other occasions. Not been to Kegworth though.

What with Retrotech on the 26th Sept and The Wam show the following weekend looks like a good time on the horizon. It just takes Tonbridge to be on just after and we'll have the full set.
Not sure if the ladies will be too happy, "I've made Sunday lunch for you and the dog's had it three weeks running".

Whats Retrotech never heard of that.
Love the Wam show, I've been to most of them and exhibited at Scalford and Kegworth. Lets hope it's good weather and we are able to mix freely by then.

Fantastic news.
My favourite UK show.
given the nature of the rooms I wonder if there is a strong view re vaccine passports be required (!!??)

Whats Retrotech never heard of that.

It’s what was formerly known as the National Vintage Communications Fair. Originally at the NEC but it moved to the Warwickshire Event Centre a few years back.

imagine the Tonbridge Audiojumble but with more vintage radios, TVs, gramophones collectables, 78s and valves, in a big metal shed in the middle of a field and you’ve pretty much got it. It’s a superb day out!

https://www.retrotechuk.com/

Hopefully I will have more luck this year. Flight and hotel booked for last year's Wam. First the airline Flybe ceased trading so started to make alternative travel arrangements and then Covid-19 struck.

It’s what was formerly known as the National Vintage Communications Fair. Originally at the NEC but it moved to the Warwickshire Event Centre a few years back.

imagine the Tonbridge Audiojumble but with more vintage radios, TVs, gramophones collectables, 78s and valves, in a big metal shed in the middle of a field and you’ve pretty much got it. It’s a superb day out!

https://www.retrotechuk.com/

I'm with you, I've been to it under the old name. I agree it's a good day out with lots of vintage HiFI in addition to the mainstream of vintage radio and TVs.

advertisement

Back