advertisement

2021 New Album Recommendations

I’m liking the Floating Points a lot, I managed to grab one of the blue vinyl Bleep copies and it landed on Friday. A really cool and to my ears new fusion of ambient electronica, classical minimalism and spiritual jazz. Great album cover too, kind of a rework of Ornette Coleman’s Free Jazz.

PS It wouldn’t work in a car at all.

I’m liking the Floating Points a lot, I managed to grab one of the blue vinyl Bleep copies and it landed on Friday. A really cool and to my ears new fusion of ambient electronica, classical minimalism and spiritual jazz. Great album cover too, kind of a rework of Ornette Coleman’s Free Jazz.

I got the same one; I think its great.

Mine arrived to day. I opted for plain black. Irrespective of collect-ability, I prefer the aesthetics of a black record for some reason.

Anyway, that's record of the year sorted out - I can't imagine it will be bettered.... although it could also prove to be a Tubular Bells for the pandemic!

UNKLE - Rōnin I

Totally banging album!

In a slightly squiffy moment of madness I almost pulled the trigger on the vinyl version which was getting on for £40ish iirc. I’ve heard the odd bit on 6music and it’s not really grabbing me, tbh, even though I want it to. I will try to give it a proper listen soon.

Beautify Junkyards - Cosmorama, a Portuguese band in love with British psyche folk, on the ever reliable Ghost Box label.

Must have a listen, sounds like the sort of introduction my avatar would have made on the wireless.

C908-A47-D-E646-4311-A7-C9-40-F09-BCF5136.png

This thread has certainly given my evening an interesting musical ending.

.sjb

Ok thanks. Bought 3 downloads from this fine thread: Dry Cleaning, Still Corners and IWDG, not bad from a three page thread. I need to spend more time on bandcamp. :)

I have a few more potential downloads from this thread planned for later. I like a bit more edgy or eerie music than the pleasant soundscapes of many of your suggestions.

The Dry Cleaning album is great! Landed today on clear vinyl with a couple of extra tracks on CD. Sounds really good so far, a nice punchy big sounding cut.

The Dry Cleaning album is great! Landed today on clear vinyl with a couple of extra tracks on CD. Sounds really good so far, a nice punchy big sounding cut.
Just listened to it. Good SQ, quite a loud mix but not compressed to my ears. I have it on CD.

advertisement

Back