advertisement

Is anyone using Nordost QB8 MK2 or Ansuz Mainz A2

Griff500

I'd be interested in any feedback from people who have actually used them.

If anyone has tried the Ansuz Ceramic or Nordost Frey 2 power cables then I'd also be interested to know your thoughts and comparisons to other similar power cables.

QB8 mk2 European schuko version.

I had several demonstrations (shop and home) of the QB8 (mk2) and came to the same conclusion each time - I bought one.

To my ears (and against my skepticism) it tightens everything up even using ordinary "kettle leads" - more precise imaging, better dynamics, tighter bass, more air to the treble... Adding Frey 2 power leads takes the improvements further - I've bought four and will be adding two more in time (unless I get two Tyr 2 instead).
I recently had a demo of the QX4 - love at first listen! That's right, I bought the demo unit.

My advice - listen...
... but only if you can afford to buy :) I now miss the QB8 in other systems!

Get the QB8 first and use the power leads you already have.

QB8 mk2 European schuko version.

I had several demonstrations (shop and home) of the QB8 (mk2) and came to the same conclusion each time - I bought one.

To my ears (and against my skepticism) it tightens everything up even using ordinary "kettle leads" - more precise imaging, better dynamics, tighter bass, more air to the treble... Adding Frey 2 power leads takes the improvements further - I've bought four and will be adding two more in time (unless I get two Tyr 2 instead).
I recently had a demo of the QX4 - love at first listen! That's right, I bought the demo unit.

My advice - listen...
... but only if you can afford to buy :) I now miss the QB8 in other systems!

Get the QB8 first and use the power leads you already have.
Thanks for that.

The QB8 seems to get good feedback.

I wonder how the Ansuz Mainz compares.

I hadn't heard of them. I've been offered an Ansuz A2 power cord for the same money as the one you linked to.

I've looked for some reviews but there's nothing recent.

Have a search in the PFM audio room for ‘Elsdon Wonfor Audio’

here’s the one on the LS-40 speaker cables
https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/elsdon-wonfor-audio-ls-40-speaker-cables.247843/

Some on interconnects and power cables here
https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/elsdon-wonder-audio-ic-25-interconnect-cables.252069/page-2

Long story sort, EWA (Colin Wonfor) @CJ14 was the original inventor and designer of Tellurium Q cables, but they screwed him over a few years ago, he hit the reset button and began again, this time as EWA but with much improved 'next gen' design.

Last edited:
Thank you, it is or rather was the next step and if things had been different it would have been a TQ product but due to greed a lot more money than the product ABC is selling, I think this is a better way anyhow Geoff of TQ hated me going on Forums and starting a FC page, he was wrong then and now I see the FC page is overloaded with his scribbles.

Stupid twit.

advertisement

Back