advertisement

New Hypex News

orangeart

KJF Audio Ltd.
I'd normally post stuff with a commercial slant over in the commercial section but as this is really about DIY centric stuff I thought it would be of more use here.

Ok, exciting news! I'd like to announce that we are now the official distributor for Hypex' consumer products and we now have their full line up in stock in the UK. No more Brexit charge uncertainties. The prices on my site are the ones you pay, no worries about importing from the EU any more. You'll find the same great prices that Hypex had on their own site but with local shipping fees.

There will be a press release from Hypex in due course and if you already buy from another source in the UK, I'll most likely be drop shipping for them as well so you will benefit from not having to wait for the stock to come from the Netherlands.

Take a look here.

https://kjfaudio.com/product-category/diy-audio/audio-components/hypex-amplifier-modules/

Hopefully post here won't offend anyone too much.

Will you be able to supply spares for OEM products like the nc502mp? Not that I need one right now, but in case of future problems.

Stefan,

Other than that being welcome news to many - I 'd just like to add a damn-well-done for growing what was IIRC hobby interest and then a change of direction some years ago, to a business delivering such top-quality resources; I'm sure there's been a lot of hard work behind the scenes to make it happen. My regards for that; and ATB for the future.

Thanks all, to answer a few of the questions.

I have been talking with Modushop, there are possibilities but the range is so large it makes it a bit more difficult, I also wouldn't be able to do the customisation work here.

I do stock the NC***MP units for the amps I make, however as OEM only I couldn't sell them to end users. I am always happy to do the work to replace them at a minimal extra.cost though.

Thanks Martin, yes bloody hard work :eek:

Incidentally is anyone has and ideas of stuff they would like stocked in the UK like the Modushop idea above, let me know, I'll try my best.

Re Modushop, the diyaudio store just carries a subset of their range, and I guess the no customisation thing is understood. I think just a selection of the most commonly used types/sizes would do it, should it ever be a reality.

And as Martin said, your hard work is very much appreciated by the community!

Thanks all, to answer a few of the questions.

I have been talking with Modushop, there are possibilities but the range is so large it makes it a bit more difficult, I also wouldn't be able to do the customisation work here.

I do stock the NC***MP units for the amps I make, however as OEM only I couldn't sell them to end users. I am always happy to do the work to replace them at a minimal extra.cost though.

Thanks Martin, yes bloody hard work :eek:

Incidentally is anyone has and ideas of stuff they would like stocked in the UK like the Modushop idea above, let me know, I'll try my best.

How about some Icepower modules, and alternatives to the ghentaudio cases?

So Hypex modules, speaker kits....maybe a natural extension would be to add these beauties to the fold...

http://www.seas.no/index.php?option...ro4y-mk-iii&catid=66:seas-diy-kits&Itemid=250

SEAS only let their distributors do the speaker kits and that is Falcon in the UK, so it is a no go, sorry.

How about some Icepower modules, and alternatives to the ghentaudio cases?

I've tried contacting BandO about ICE but they never get back to me. I might make alternative cases available though, however the Ghent cases are pretty cheap and they don't want a dealer.

SEAS only let their distributors do the speaker kits and that is Falcon in the UK, so it is a no go, sorry.

I've tried contacting BandO about ICE but they never get back to me. I might make alternative cases available though, however the Ghent cases are pretty cheap and they don't want a dealer.

One thing Ghent DO get right is the optional wiring kits - makes wiring one up rather easy (or so I'm told).

I will be having more kits of my own out later in the year that are much cheaper and a bit simpler than my current offerings. I also need to get the Linwitz Orion kits out, they are finished I just need to finish the options/price list/instructions. After that I will approach SEAS again about the boxes. Problem is because Jerry at Falcon is the distributor and also sells to end users, he cuts a level out of the mark-up so there is very little in the drivers to make it worth while.

Problem is because Jerry at Falcon is the distributor and also sells to end users, he cuts a level out of the mark-up so there is very little in the drivers to make it worth while.

Maybe just basic cabinet kits then to help sell the Hypex 503 modules that go with them and let people source the drivers direct?

My guess is that someone wanting to make the one I posted would be more focussed on a decent cabinet. I'm not sure I found the coaxial on Falcon website, they're probably going to be special requests.

Thanks for the news.
A long time Hypex user, tempted to buy a Fusion and the SEAS King R04Y. or something similar for a small room ( 16*10 ft)
I did buy an ECM8000 mike and a UMC22 3 yrs ago and they are still in their boxes! Did try to find out more via the DIY audio thread but there was so much conflicting info I gave up.
Anyone been down the Fusion/Active route?

I did have an idea to do with the amp modules that are proliferating the market - a generic chassis. Basically a piece of L-section, with the "base" pre-drilled for the more common standoffs, and the back end fitted with binding posts, rca/balanced inputs ready to plug/solder to the chosen module. Also an on/off switch either mounted to the panel or supplied so it can be mounted elsewhere at the owner's choice. Should be a cheap product that would allow people to retro fit the units into pretty much anything with a minimum of fuss. I'd love something like this for icepower modules :D I'd have a pair mounted inside some vintage wooden boxes I have lickety-split.

One thing Ghent DO get right is the optional wiring kits - makes wiring one up rather easy (or so I'm told).

Oh yes, very much that!

Recently moved mine from 'in speaker plates' to ghent cases, easy to work with.

0vZkjTal.jpg

I had a couple of 180ST modules lurking in the bottom of a box of bits for well over 10 years and thought it about time I put them in a case and see how they perform.

51098311844_e0aa7b0059_c_d.jpg

I bought the 400/180 SMPS and associated 'Stereo' wiring kit from KJFaudio and hey presto a quick and tidy 'no solder' (see the speaker terminals)
The Hypex online wiring guide is very clear and easy to follow.

51099037885_805371b405_k_d.jpg

This is a Half / Half size case I had knocking about. Bit of finishing to do but worked out very well.

51098775188_3be06a4f9f_k_d.jpg

We now also have the cases in stock for those of you moving from a DIY case. These are basically the same as the Ghent cases but custom for Hypex with thier logo on the front. The same as the kits they sell.

advertisement

Back