advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoot this weekend appears to have fallen through - so back to the files
Elaine, 14/01/13, before Colin's funeral

Elaine Jeffrey by Pete, on Flickr

Elaine Jeffrey by Pete, on Flickr

Elaine was on the course at Napier with me - she'd done a fair share of globetrotting after she finished. I met her again for the first time since '88 at the reunion in December, although we had been in touch online. This was an altogether sadder occasion - she had started collaborating with my old friend Colin and they had begun a serious relationship which involved a fair bit of travelling between Edinburgh and her home in Germany. I'd hope to see him when I was up in December but he had been through in Glasgow.
He died alone, sometime around Christmas. He was only 50.

ar-Izgoa-EMo-Ye-ANj-Fryv-WOWdaf-Im4-Y-ZFJ5-RLPhfpv-Bd-Qw-Goi-T3-R6-Qak7m-G-Azc0r-sf-Zea-MK5mvk-Ck4hf-OH8-irn-G-Pjm-DNAmt-At.jpg

One from a morning walk with my son up to Ivinghoe Beacon. Thoroughly enjoyed watching the light dancing across the pastoral, patchwork landscape and picking out little moments such as this with the camera :)

Field Work by Amar Sood, on Flickr

Nikon Z7 / Nikkor 70-300mm f4.5-5.6E AF-P

Lefty

Edit - I should give a tip of the hat to Finn Hopson. The image, title and aesthetic are heavily inspired by his excellent work from the South Downs.

https://www.finnhopson.com/fieldwork

That swan is a right poser...Looks so proud of itself in the 2nd photo, smiling for the camera...Hmmmm giant plant pot..or small tree??..bonsai...nice trio of photographs...

As a nod to Monty Python, I had considered titling it 'Shrubbery' but as all plants are either 'green things' or 'green things with coloured bits on' I thought best to keep things simple. If I was trusted to look after a cactus, it's doubtful it would survive.

Just love this!

Thanks Richard!

Pleased to say we had an absolutely fantastic morning. Can't believe I'd never been to Ivinghoe Beacon (despite it being so close). Needless to say I shall definitely be returning and re-visiting a few compositions I found today when conditions are better :)

Lefty

Thanks Richard!

Pleased to say we had an absolutely fantastic morning. Can't believe I'd never been to Ivinghoe Beacon (despite it being so close). Needless to say I shall definitely be returning and re-visiting a few compositions I found today when conditions are better :)

Lefty

Great stuff :)

I used to go up there fairly regularly when we lived in W London - was a pleasant trip out on the bike, up to the Beacon for a good few lungfulls of fresh air, and the view ain't too shabby either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back