advertisement

Vaccine recipients....

Just had my first AZ dose. Smooth as silk operation at our local community hospital. Poor nurse said she had spent a lot of time today reassuring folks about all the AZ=blood clots info.
It’ll make the wait even longer for the rest. Probably better to ask those who’ve any concerns to step out of the queue to join the queue for reassurance /Q&A

I had my first does of AZ yesterday morning. No side-effects. Even though I woke up a couple of times in the night and could hardly be said to have had a textbook good night's sleep, I feel like I've slept properly for the first time in months. I've been holding so much of the tension of distancing that it's exhausting. Of course this is no time for complacency; I have no antibodies yet. But at last the prospect of a way out seems real.

I spoke a little too soon. About ten o'clock last evening [eight hours after the injection] I sudden felt a real chill. I went to bed and put plenty of extra blankets on top of my quilt, and had a fitful night - waking up several times, and sweated. Today I just feel hit for six. Probably fine tomorrow. This is nothing more serious than sometimes you get with the start of a proper cold. Rather nicer than having to go to hospital ...

Best wishes from George

R4 yesterday evening - a whole programme dominated by side/after effects.

I have post covid syndrome and was quite a bit improved before the first vaccination. That was 13 days ago and my arm is still slightly tender where I had the vaccination, my lower body aches continuously and I am very short of breath after walking ten feet. Things have improved slightly the past two days. According to the discussion yesterday, those who have had C19 frequently experience major after-effects.

Had my first jab Saturday, woke up in the night feeling a bit hot and uncomfortable and had a very mild sore upper arm for a couple of days. One thing that struck me as a bit odd was how many people people in the vac centre had companions, and I don't mean necessary companions or carers. I think I was the only billy no mates.

Well, after yesterday's AZ dose 1 I feel a bit washed out this afternoon. Not ill and if I were at work I'd just get on with it, but as I'm at home and I can do bugger all if I want to, I am. Run cancelled. Afternoon nap, sitting about.

EU are really escalating this up now. Very worrying as it can effect take up both potentially & actually.

My carpenter has just turned down the vaccine, says he’s concerned about what the EU are saying.

Loads of mates in England in their late 40’s are being called up for the jab. Here in Wales, nothing. Sadly it doesn’t surprise me. The health minister, Born Guessing, is about as useful as a handbrake on a canoe.

My carpenter has just turned down the vaccine,

Maybe he's got a chippie on his shoulder already.:)

Trying to make sense of the news this evening, Shortage of vac's? Which ones? No further bookings in April? What about second doses? EU muddying the waters and cocking up their own vac. prog. plus 'restricting' threats again to Britain. Hopefully some clarification in tomorrow's newspaper, as my wife couldn't make sense from o/l news.

Mrs S had her first jab today (AZ).

So far she is just complaining about a sore wing, we'll see how tonight goes.

Had my first jab Saturday, woke up in the night feeling a bit hot and uncomfortable and had a very mild sore upper arm for a couple of days. One thing that struck me as a bit odd was how many people people in the vac centre had companions, and I don't mean necessary companions or carers. I think I was the only billy no mates.
People will do anything for a day out.

My carpenter has just turned down the vaccine, says he’s concerned about what the EU are saying.

Loads of mates in England in their late 40’s are being called up for the jab. Here in Wales, nothing. Sadly it doesn’t surprise me. The health minister, Born Guessing, is about as useful as a handbrake on a canoe.
Advise him to book the jab, no doubt Napoleon will change his mind before jab day.

Had my first AZ jab at 3pm Yesterday. I felt fine until late evening when a headache started. And them shivery and nausea. Must have had about two hours sleep. I'm very stiff and achy and happy not to walking up and down all these stairs. Hopefully it will pass in 24 hours but I feel quite unwell right now.
To my horror, after a year of anxiety and isolation, I only notice halfway through that my vaccinator is not wearing a mask.

How did you get round the 12 week wait between jabs? Mine was 20th Jan. and I'll need to wait until around 14th April (as things stand).

Morning Mike, I've been volunteering at several vaccinations centres, been doing so since early Jan and there a couple of times a week. Recently, we were offered our seconds, this was late in the afternoon a week or two back.

Had my first AZ jab at 3pm Yesterday. I felt fine until late evening when a headache started. And them shivery and nausea. Must have had about two hours sleep. .

Similar to me. Had mine at 10am and was totally fine 'til about 8pm when I started to feel very shivery. Went to bed with a hot water bottle at 9.30pm, then had a poor night of aches and temperature swings. Feeling better this morning but really tired, hope another couple of hours in bed will sort me out.

Similar to me. Had mine at 10am and was totally fine 'til about 8pm when I started to feel very shivery. Went to bed with a hot water bottle at 9.30pm, then had a poor night of aches and temperature swings. Feeling better this morning but really tired, hope another couple of hours in bed will sort me out.

Had my AZ at 3.30pm yesterday. All OK until around 8.30pm. Terrible night with very little sleep, aches, joint pain, shivers, headaches, nausea and just generally feeling totally wiped out. Hoping it passes soon as I've a ton of work to finish...

Similar symptoms to others above. Had my AZ vaccine yesterday morning 9:45 - ok until ~8pm then was shivery for about an hour. Not too bad a nights sleep. Shoulder is still achey this morning and I have a light headache relieved by paracetemol.

advertisement

Back