advertisement

Naim feet

cchean

pfm Member
I was wondering if there is such a thing - Naim feet. In search for replacement rubber feet for my CB Naim gear, I stumble across prices on that auction site from £6 for a set of replacements to £29 for used "genuines".

The only references for being genuine is if they are the ones that came from the factory supplied with the equipment. There is no way to tell and I doubt it that Naim would make this themselves, so most likely they were outsourced.

Does anyone know what is the best source for these feet? Also, does anyone know the correct spec for the screws, because I don't think mine are the right fit either.

I was wondering if there is such a thing - Naim feet. In search for replacement rubber feet for my CB Naim gear, I stumble across prices on that auction site from £6 for a set of replacements to £29 for used "genuines".

The genuine ones will probably be dried out by now and susceptible to cracking. I replaced them on all my olive gear with simple ones from Amazon, reusing the same screw and adding a washer if there wasn't one. It's solid state gear so don't worry too much about there being something magical about the originals.

These are the ones I bought last year:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008LTY1NO/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
There is nothing special about Naim feet, these are a good replacement, I probably have a decent number kicking about, if you are in the UK pm me.

It looks like you're in USA so here's the same item I linked to above but from Amazon's USA warehouses:

https://www.amazon.com/Conical-Rece...1&keywords=uxcell+feet&qid=1615584973&sr=8-13

51tRheIE82L._AC_SL1100_.jpg

Sorry for the gigantic image.

FWIW the originals have a dome profile which seem to be unavailable from third parties.

Maybe @MJS knows if they were specifically made for Naim?

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
The example pictured in the datasheet for the Farnell Multicomp 3100BLACK offering appears identical to the original feet on my chrome bumper and olive Naim boxes, right down to it looking a bit dried up.

The only bit missing is the inset metal washer.

I doubt you even get the exact same thing with a factory service. My last original bit of CB gear has feet like that but newer olive kit has different feet with straight sides. They will use whatever the current item is.

The feet on my 42 are definitely past their best. Well cracked and perished.

The feet probably start life straight edged and change shape with use.

I have a MJS serviced TPR4 HC and its feet are now the "proper" shape after it's been sitting there a few years. Not sure they came that shape!

advertisement

Back