advertisement

Japan - Quiet Life Deluxe (CD & vinyl)

Both of these copies have noticeable dish warps. The vinyl looks very clean though. Not played one yet.

R-17618050-1615024984-6756.jpeg.jpg

More Images

Japan ‎– Quiet Life
Label:
BMG ‎– BMGCAT403LP, BMG ‎– 4050538625325
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Remastered, 180gsm Heavyweight, Half-Speed

Released:
05 Mar 2021

The album in the boxset is flatter, again looks very clean. Not checked the matrices but presume it is the same as the L.P. described above. Playing the c.d’s

R-17602360-1615025716-8243.jpeg.jpg

More Images

Japan ‎– Quiet Life
Label:
BMG ‎– BMGCAT403CDX
Format:
Box Set, Deluxe Edition
Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Remastered, 180 Gram Heavyweight
CD, Album, Reissue, Remastered
CD, Compilation, Remastered, A Quieter Life
CD, Album, Reissue, Remastered, Live At The Budokan

Released:
05 Mar 2021

Both of these copies have noticeable dish warps. The vinyl looks very clean though. Not played one yet.

Oh dear...what a shame, hope you can fix these. Placing flat somewhere with a careful amount of weight may work over a few days. Or return for an exchange.

Oh dear...what a shame, hope you can fix these. Placing flat somewhere with a careful amount of weight may work over a few days. Or return for an exchange.

They will go back, I don’t need them as the boxset L.P. looks good, although ain’t played it yet.

They will all sound good I am fairly certain, I just don’t like shelling out premium cash for faulty vinyl. If I wanted to sell an L.P. in a years time, I would have to mention the dish warp, so it isn’t Mint or near mint, VG+ only and an instant devaluation. Like buying a new car with a flaw that cannot be fixed.

No amount of weight will fix a dish warp. (not in my experience)

Just listening to the CD from the new box. It’s very very good. No digital nasties. I think I prefer to OG vinyl and the remastered vinyl in this box.

They will go back, I don’t need them as the boxset L.P. looks good, although ain’t played it yet.

They will all sound good I am fairly certain, I just don’t like shelling out premium cash for faulty vinyl. If I wanted to sell an L.P. in a years time, I would have to mention the dish warp, so it isn’t Mint or near mint, VG+ only and an instant devaluation. Like buying a new car with a flaw that cannot be fixed.

No amount of weight will fix a dish warp. (not in my experience)
You're right... Even if the warp reduces, it will probably re-establish in time. Best to return.

If its not too bad perhaps you could have a quick listen to ensure SQ before sending back. Should give your arm and cartridge a work out....take care though.

You're right... Even if the warp reduces, it will probably re-establish in time. Best to return.

If its not too bad perhaps you could have a quick listen to ensure SQ before sending back. Should give your arm and cartridge a work out....take care though.

I have cleaned one up to hear what it sounds like. A dish warp is not rippled, so the arm will not be dancing.

Ive got this MoV one too - still sealed in fact - unbelievable prices now.

I wonder if the new NEW reissue will dent those prices or in fact push it up even more....

It sounds great, but I don't have the original to compare. More to the point, I don't need another copy :)

:(:(Given both copies of the L.P. a spin, just the title track.

Both had some delicate surface noise. Not loud, but noticeable. Got niffed so didn’t play anymore of either copy.
I will have another proper play, and if they have this surface noise, especially on the quiet passages, they can stuff them.
My 1981 record has been played a lot and is past its best, but a quick play of track 1 and it doesn’t sound bad.

But, playing this version from a 2006 reissued remaster in c.d. - this sounds very good.
(wish I had got the MOV reissue :()

R-1850381-1362304560-6003.jpeg.jpg

More Images

Japan ‎– Quiet Life
Label:
Sony BMG Music Entertainment ‎– 82876 844482, Sony BMG Music Entertainment ‎– 82876844482, Ariola Hansa ‎– 82876 844482, Ariola Hansa ‎– 82876844482
Format:
CD, Album, Enhanced, Reissue, Remastered
UK & Europe
Released:
11 Sep 2006

Gave the new L.P’s a play, including the one in the box set (same matrix as the single L.P’s)

All 3 copies have various light surface noise, a couple had noticeable dish-warps.

The ‘live’ at Budukan 1980 c.d. is atrocious. One of the worst recordings I have ever heard.

As previously stated the c.d. in the boxset sounds okay, but the 2006 remaster with extra tracks sounds better.

So I am returning the lot to Amazon.

Shame, as the vinyl looks spotless on all 3 copies .

advertisement

Back