advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few weeks ago we were 10 points clear of the relegation places, now it is just goal difference. We should have got 7 points from the last three games. It's hard to see where the points are going to come from.

It's not just Maupay, none of our forwards seem able to score goals, even from the penalty spot.

I don't think that chairman Tony Bloom will panic though. If we do get relegated I think Potter would be given the chance to get the team promoted again, like Burnley did with Dyche. We would probably lose some of our best players (White, Bissouma, Lamptey?). We already have replacements for them, Clarke, Ostigaard, our two Polish lads etc. and a host of talented players in our U23 squad plus others out on loan (I think only Chelsea have more players out on loan).

Football in the Championship can be more exciting than in the Premier League. Compare and contrast Chris Hughton's teams in the championship and in the Premier league. Our strikers might even rediscover where the goal is.
Been there myself as a Huddersfield Town supporter, just didn’t enjoy the experience even when we had a half decent first season. I think it was the patronising tone of the ‘proper football men’, AKA the sports media, that ground me down.

Huddersfield are a proud club with a storied history but were talked about as if we were just parochial parvenus.

I hope Brighton stay up.

Don't think I've seen KDB have such a poor game but he wasn't alone. Early penalty just allowed them to stick to sitting in and playing on the counter which is Ole's MO against all the the sides in the top end of the PL. 1st goal is always key against them.

Good value for the win, be interesting to see if City are effected by it. United are a good team regardless what people may think.

A 21 game winning run says that City are hopefully unlikely to be affected by one bad performance. Every team has a bad one in them but that winning run has set us up for a good go at winning a few trophies.

It's all we can ask for at this time of the season when nothing has yet been won.

A 21 game winning run says that City are hopefully unlikely to be affected by one bad performance. Every team has a bad one in them but that winning run has set us up for a good go at winning a few trophies.

It's all we can ask for at this time of the season when nothing has yet been won.
You are almost certainly right, they did have a bad run at the beginning of the season so it is possible for them to have a bit of a dip.

Surprise result but fair play to the Red Devil’s - took it to City and won comfortably, I wonder if UCL contenders took note, interesting times and Jurgen seems to betting everything on UCL success, can’t see it myself... ah well

The Kane/Bale partnership looking decent this evening, though why Bale uses that hairstyle to hide the fact that he’s bald is beyond me, how vain

Bloody hell you out for your annual dig.
Enjoy your “we won a game” open bus tour.
I am quite happy.
City will walk the league and the utterly incompetent paperboy Ole stays in the job.
Now back in your coffin until the next fluke.
Your lot were comprehensively outplayed today. I doubt they can mess it up from here though. However, having followed this thread and the copious recent sycophantic press coverage it was good, for a change, to see City shown up for what they really are. Still suspect at the back and today, devoid of real quality going forward. It'll be interesting to see if they can make an impression in Europe rather than embarrassing themselves as usual. These 'flukey' wins are becoming a fairly regular occurrence for Ole and obviously quite irritating for you. Very amusing to watch. :D

Bloody hell you out for your annual dig.
Enjoy your “we won a game” open bus tour.
I am quite happy.
City will walk the league and the utterly incompetent paperboy Ole stays in the job.
Now back in your coffin until the next fluke.

This is how you express yourself when you’re quite happy?
Despite all your negative comments about United we’ve won three out of the last four league meetings, the other being a draw. I’ll be among the first to state that City are playing great football but they are frequently overcome by the ‘incompetent paperboy’ which must tell you something about your team & manager.
A shame you can’t be as gracious in defeat as other City fans on pfm but that seems to be a quality foreign to you.

I understand United are preparing the trophy room for Rashford’s Blue Peter badge.
It’s all that’ll be going in it this season.

I understand United are preparing the trophy room for Rashford’s Blue Peter badge.
It’s all that’ll be going in it this season.

That’s my point proved without a doubt.
When you’re not nitpicking about United it’s Chelsea. Or Liverpool. Or...well any other team.
Congratulations on being the most tedious poster on this site, it’s a badge you wear well.

I am pleased to say that this is the first City game I have missed this season. Unfortunately, I was travelling back from Swansea with a new dog, rescued from a puppy farm, so I had to listen to the match on the radio. I said before the game that United would sit deep and try to hit on the counter and the early penalty played into that scenario. I haven't watched it so cannot comment on performances but the answer is to have a good midweek performance and put this result to bed.
As for United, I have no love for them having grown up in Manchester and witnessed their club authorised piss-taking of City for several decades. Nevertheless, they are dangerous on their day, and this was their day. I think they will get top four but I think they are a long way off a league winning side, especially if they wish to compete on other fronts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back