advertisement

What are you listening to right now #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea where to start. Convince me about Joni Mitchell, Mingus, Sinatra and the Beatles, can’t get into any of them.

Side 1 of Steve McQueen, the only perfect Side 1 of any record I have heard, brilliant tunes, clever lyrics and Thomas Dolby produced it - if that doesn’t kick you off, forget the rest, if it does try Crimson Red.

I wasn't having a go, it was a genuine thing. I never got into them at the time - I always thought they were a bit posh London...

I wasn't having a go, it was a genuine thing. I never got into them at the time - I always thought they were a bit posh London...
Honestly no idea why I like/rate Prefab & Paddy above most other bands, same way I rate The The much higher than most peoples top artists, they only had 1 top 20 single, that’s the beauty of music and hifi - the choice. Also a lot of my faves have an emotional attachment, expect the same for most folk, Beatles/Elvis/T-Rex will have been part of growing up, for me the 80’s and 90’s hold a lot of memories before I settled down and some albums bring stuff back, Duran Duran - Rio gets played a lot, certainly not on a par with Miles Davis but I can’t get his stuff at all either.

My daughter's been 'learning' about the blues on her online school lessons - I've been try to get her to listen to this, to no avail.

R-1339916-1439095867-8823.jpeg.jpg

R-708996-1298730926.jpeg.jpg

Bought this when it was released in '83 (I think)
It's probably my most played album and it's up there with my all time faves

Low - Double Negative

I found this a hard listen despite all the album of the year awards. preferred The Great Destroyer stuff - probably influenced by Robert Plant covering two tracks from that one on Band of Joy. But their lo-fi melodies and arrangements seem to work well with less of the electronic distortions that are on Double Negative. Will have another listen.

No idea where to start. Convince me about Joni Mitchell, Mingus, Sinatra and the Beatles, can’t get into any of them.

Side 1 of Steve McQueen, the only perfect Side 1 of any record I have heard, brilliant tunes, clever lyrics and Thomas Dolby produced it - if that doesn’t kick you off, forget the rest, if it does try Crimson Red.

I'm also a PS fan - Paddy writes elegant melodic pop songs and although some of the production is bit 80's the quality is fantastic in my view. There's a great best of - A Life of Surprises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back